Community Health Advisor
Jobs at:Medical Teams International
Deadline of this Job:
19 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT # 007/2021. Medical Teams International is a faith-based not for profit health relief and development organization with a Calling "Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world". MTI-UG has operations in West Nile and South Western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition. MTI-Uganda is seeking to recruit highly competent, dynamic, trainable and experienced candidate to fill the following position;
JOB TITLE Community Health Advisor
REPORTS TO Director of Programmes
LOCATION Kampala with frequent travel to the field
POSITIONS One (1) .
QUALIFICATION : Master's degree in public health or equivalent and relevant field experience in community strengthening.
• A community participation professional
• At least two years of working at CHW supervisory level for an international NGO, government, or the private sector.
• CHW programming experience at community level.
• Experience with humanitarian programming in humanitarian settings preferred.
• Excellent understanding of the humanitarian Health sector; knowledge related to maternal, newborn and child survival an advantage.
• Strong report writing skills and ability to compile narrative sections for proposals and donor reports.
• Competency in basic data management and epidemiological analysis.
• Excellent cross-cultural skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching. .
• Skilled at creating and monitoring budgets and making appropriate adjustments as necessary. .
• Highly skilled at managing projects to satisfactory completion.
• Moderately skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel software.
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international, stressful and security-sensitive environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Strong commitment to building the capacity of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
• Proven ability to build work in a team and to manage and motivate personnel and to draw on individual skills to advance agendas and problem solve. .
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret administrative reports, technical procedures, or government regulations.
• Ability to write reports in English; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, counterparts and government representatives
• Proven representation and advocacy skills with capacity to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public.
• Ability to work independently and in challenging environments.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• Ability to travel within the East Africa region.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please follow the link below for detailed job description and application procedures for each position: clientkey=BE1660BE3D0630C7C609C2764DD1B065 APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday April 11, 2021 at 5 pm.
1. Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria should use the above link to apply. Please provide 3 work related referees on your CV.
2. Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/Notice Period required; at the bottom of your CV
3. MTI is an equal opportunity employer.