Community and Psychosocial Support Manager
Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Uganda , Hoima , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide technical oversight and strengthen the capacity of Civil Society Organizations and other community structures to implement systems and guidelines for the delivery of high-quality comprehensive community HIV/TB services and OVC care and support in line with Baylor-Uganda’s objectives.
• Design and monitor implementation of a community strategy for ACE-Bunyoro’s community programs not limited to strategies for TB/HIV prevention and care and treatment
• Monitor and oversee the work of the consortium members and CSOs implementing ACE-Bunyoro community programs
• Support implementation of the Community Health Facility Framework, expansion and maintaining partnerships and an active linkage and referral network with CSOs in line with the ACE-Bunyoro objectives
• Manage the implementation of OVC activities and monitor performance in ACE-Bunyoro OVC-implementing districts and communities, in line with technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
• Prepare and monitor the implementation of consolidated & harmonized departmental work plans & budgets for Community and OVC teams
• Build the capacity of health workers, CBO staff and other key community stakeholders to provide quality HIV/TB community services and OVC services using a CQI approach through training, mentorship and technical support supervision
• Promote and strengthen the use of HIV/TB and OVC data by supported CBOs for planning and decision making
• Compile and submit monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports.
• Continuously document new developments and changes in guidelines in community HIV/TB and OVC programming and align ACE-Bunyoro’s activities to those changes, in addition to documenting best practices.
• Participate in the development of policies, procedures and guidelines for CBO capacity building.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• A Master’s degree in Public Health or related field
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies. Training in project management is an added advantage. The candidate must have at least five (5) years of experience in managing district and community programs for HIV/TB and OVC programming
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player with high integrity
• Innovative, flexible, with good negotiation and self-driven attributes
• Good stakeholder engagement and management skills
• Good computer skills
• Good report writing skills
5 Years Relevant Experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/job-application/285/opportunity-welcome