Jobs at:Integrated Transport Solutions Limited
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Role balance guide
To support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
Key External Relationships
Media organisations and officials, creative agencies, customers and partners
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, blog posts and social media content
• Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels
• Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
• Ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with brand standards
• Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
• Work with communications team members to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns
• Respond to media inquiries and perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications
• Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
1) Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues;
2) Delivery high quality outputs;
3) Demonstrate compliance with all legislation, media regulations and industry best-practices, and UDLS Project policies and procedures
Values and Behaviour
1) Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Uganda Driving License System culture, performance and brand
2) Actively demonstrate the company values:
• Integrity: We stand up for what is right
• Collaboration: We are stronger together
• Empowerment: We make a difference
• Action: We focus on results
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
1) Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures of Uganda Driving License System and take all reasonable care that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others in the project.
Expected to maintain confidentiality of all information you come into contact with
This job description defines the broad responsibilities of this position. Please refer to project work plans for more specific details of performance goal, objectives, targets and indicators.
Qualifications & Experience
• A bachelor's degree with a minimum of two years experience as a communications officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
• Experience in managing communications campaigns, including work in the media
• Hands-on public relations experience, including knowledge of social and digital media platforms.
• Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
• Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
• Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset
• Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
• Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts Other
• A mature team player able to work well under pressure and under minimum supervision while paying attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send applications to [email protected] quoting the job title in the subject line.
Applications should include CV, motivation letter, daytime telephone number and contact details of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ITSL is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis from 28th March 2022 until positions are filled.