Communications and Advocacy Officer
Jobs at:Alive Medical Services
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate in country advocacy activities for the programme
• Implement Umbrella advocacy strategy
• Build in country capacity around SRHR/HIV advocacy
• Build in-country partnerships and networks to strengthen advocacy
• Explore in-country synergies with other relevant Frontline AIDS and partner programmes in Uganda to improve Umbrella advocacy plans.
• Support partners advocacy activities including dialogues
• Lead on documenting activities for the programme, including the programme Newsletter, identifying and compiling best practice case studies and stories of change
• Lead on disseminating learning from the programme, including through national, regional and international forums such as conferences on HIV, SRHR, sexuality and adolescent health.
• Develop monitoring and evaluation tools to measure the organisation’s advocacy impact.
• Maintain a database and email distribution lists of the programme’s stakeholders and supporters.
• Prepare ToRs, provide accountability and write reports in line with advocacy and communication activities under the SRHRU programme
• Spearhead photography, filming and production of documentaries and clips the for SRHRU Programme, including editing of the products especially during events.
• Coordinate content, editing, publication and distribution of AMS, frontline AIDS and other partners’ publications under the SRHRU Programme.
• Assist in preparing content for publications, such as factsheets, reports, brochures, project briefs, quarterly newsletters, annual reports, abstracts, and proposals, by providing technical editing support and strategic advice.
• Programme Visibility, PR and Events
• Work cooperatively with stakeholders, such as community organisations, corporates; government offices and relevant government ministries for workshops and trainings that promote the SRHRU Programme brand
• Participate in coordination, planning and management of diverse events and materials to promote and raise the visibility of the overall Programme.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the desired qualifications and work experience as listed below, please submit your CV and Cover letter to the Human Resources Manager. Kindly limit your documents to a size of 2MB and send them to [email protected] before 5 PM June 14th, 2021.