Jobs at:Company in Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
16 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Carry out orientation of Counsellors in line with the Vision, Mission and strategic objectives of Serenity Centre.
• Provides 24/day-to-day oversight, coordination and clinical leadership to the Clinical team through demonstrating excellence in clinical & leadership skills as well as knowledge of international best practices in addiction management and general care as well as state of the art equipment/techniques for best care practice
• Assist in the development, monitoring and evaluation of short and long term programs for Serenity Centre.
• Able to orient clients into the treatment program and clearly communicate expectations and requirements for participation, upon admission to the rehabilitation.
• Guiding Clinical team meetings to review each client’s progress and adherence to recovery as per the Serenity Centre Treatment Protocol.
• Develop Annual outreach plans in coordination with the relevant officers according to program needs and capacity.
• Ensure database(s) maintenance which include(s) client information from assessment, progress notes, aftercare, community follow-up and group therapy.
• Organize and establish meetings on regular basis with designated Counselors to foster positive relationships and monitor quality of work, strengths and weaknesses of the counselor.
• Organize training seminars to address staff needs and identify relevant external training opportunities. Continually develop counseling staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and coaching.
• Track expenditures. Continually monitor the program’s budget performance and make recommendations to the ED.
• Provides information by answering questions and requests from other departments and within the department as well as developing materials for sharing and updating the Centre website.
• Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
• Develop resource database for books, audio + visual aide’s and literature for counselors and clients.
• Organize educational workshops and sessions for families and relevant awareness activities (study tours, Awareness creation etc)
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Masters in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology from a recognized University.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Sufficient experience from equivalent training levels and registered with Nursing Council.
• Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Addiction management.
• Preferably with basic knowledge in medical field/clinical.
• Clinical Psychologists/Counseling Psychologists with training in Public health stand advantageous
• Experience at least five (5) years of experience in the same or related field.
• Applicants should be 30 years of age and above.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Candidates should send their applications, photocopies of Certified Academic documents and resume with 3 referees to:
The Executive Director,
Serenity Centre (A Journey into New Life),
Bwebajja- Kabulamuliro, off Entebbe Road, P.O.Box 31749, Kampala, Uganda.
All applicants MUST send a soft copy of their application plus all the attachments to this email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]
All interested candidates MUST Deliver a hard copy to Serenity Centre Premises: