Child Sponsorship Systems Officer - Oyam/Kole Cluster
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2021
Within Uganda , Apac , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Child Sponsorship Systems Officer - Oyam/Kole Cluster
Ref No: 18960-10N26065
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 1-2 Years
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Child Sponsorship Systems Officer - Oyam/Kole Cluster
Report to: Programme Manager
Location: Oyam and Kole Districts
Purpose of the position:
To Effectively Coordinate and Provide Technical support to Cluster Sponsorship Operations within the partnership standards for child wellbeing.
Management of Child Sponsorship Systems
• Manage Sponsorship systems both Technical and Business processes within partnership guidelines.
• Carry out timely system upgrade, maintenance and provide timely feedback on Child Sponsorship systems requested by NO and GC/SOs.
• Support Staff and partners on utilization of the horizon mobile phone and any other new gadgets.
• Support the Cluster/ AP with IT related issues (Cluster IT Focal Persons)
• Carry out system data quality audit (RC Bio data, monitoring field, and participation and GN implementation).
Coordination of Child Sponsorship operations
• In a timely manner, ensure entry of quality child data and SO communications (queries, GN, mails, child monitoring, and participation) into Child Sponsorship systems. (100% data entered for all RCs).
• Generate, compile, analyze and submit monthly systems and Child Wellbeing reports to management.
• Analyze variance reports, Child Status Reports, Project reports and guide the Programme/ cluster team in utilizing information for effective and efficient sponsorship operations
• Coordinate periodic mailing of APR and Christmas Cards.
• Ensure quality assurance of all sponsorship operations indicators.
• Identify and build capacity of Staff and partners in child sponsorship operations.
• Coordinate with the CSDF and develop an annual integrated monitoring plan.
• Effectively manage and track all RC and family Participation in WV Programs through implementation of the annual integrated monitoring plan in line with the sponsorship standards
• Support SOOs in Community engagement and sensitizations on Sponsorship model
Manage Communication and Sponsor Relations
• Coordinate communication between sponsors and RCs for the AP
• Communicate with Support office in compliance with sponsorship standards (timely notification on anticipated delays and reasons to justify)
• Develop, monitor, and implement the established checks and controls for sponsor information in line with the child sponsorship standards
• Monitor and advise staff on Child Sponsorship communications from Cluster to NO/SOs.
• Expeditiously follow up on all Sponsorship communications from NO and SOs to the allocated APs with the SOO and CSDF.
• Perform an intermediary role on critical communications between allocated APs and NO/SOs.
Management of Sponsorship Initiatives
• Effectively manage implementation of Partnership initiatives (CDPCs, Sponsorship 2.0, and Digital Story Teller) in line with the partnership guidelines and timeframes.
• Develop AP initiative Implementation Plan and roll out as per NO timelines.
• Effectively manage implementation of initiative(s) as per plan and report on progress, recommendations within partnership guidelines.
• Train, coach and mentor staff and partners on the initiative and follow-up on utilization of the initiative.
• Provide technical support to Staff and partners on the initiatives
• Follow up with staff and Partners to ensure 100% return on investment of CDPCs materials, horizon mobile phones, and digital story teller materials through 100% utilization of the systems for the intended objectives.
Management of external engagements with SOs
• Ensure quality and timely Communications between Cluster, NO and SOs.
• Establish and coordinate timely delivery and dispatch of messages/ correspondences
• Manage Sponsor visits to their sponsored children in Uganda in line with child Sponsorship standards.
• Arrange for the visits (Organize all logistic needs).
• Attend to Sponsors and follow up on child and adult safe guarding issues, submit sponsor visit report.
• Document and share with Programme key findings from sponsor visits, recommendations and opportunities
Child and Adult Safe Guarding
• Ensure that Videos and photos being sent to NO, SOs/GC have consent forms signed by guardian/parents.
• Ensure all RCs have a signed consent form on file.
• Organize the internal child and adult safe guarding committee meetings at the cluster offices.
• Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any violations in accordance with the child and adult safe guarding policy and guidelines
• Ensure child and adult safe guarding compliance standards at the cluster/AP.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• A University Degree in Information Technology, Statistics or any other related field.
• 3 years Experiences and knowledge in data entries, analysis and data base management are added advantage
• Computer skills in Windows, MS Excel, Word, publisher and power point.
• Experience in Database management
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Problem solving / diagnostic skills.
• Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
• Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
• Spiritual maturity - ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
• Team player.
• Motorcycle riding skills is a Must with a class A permit
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now