Child Development Officer - Home Based Programming (CDO- HBP)
Jobs at:Kinoni Church of God
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Child Development Officer - Home Based Programming (CDO- HBP).
Location: Kinoni Church of God world missions
Reporting relationships: The CDO - HBP will report to the Project Director.
The Child Development officer -Home Based Programming (CDO-HBP) interfaces with mostly the Home based beneficiaries. 80% of the time spent doing this job is out of office carrying out home visits. He/she carries out (or identifies resource persons for) the day-to-day training and equipping of the Home based beneficiaries in the Home based interventions skills. As a resourceful person on Survival and Early Childhood (ECD) related matters, the CDO-HBP monitors the manner in which the interventions are impacting the beneficiaries on a day-to-day basis. He/she ensures that Growth Monitoring, Oral rehydration, Breast Feeding, Immunization, Functional literacy, Family Spacing and Food supplements (GOBIFFF) and other interventions for the Home based beneficiaries are implemented in the framework of existing standards. He/she shall be a model Christian and respectful of people's privacy and confidentiality.
Core Duties & Responsibilities.
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside the Church. Must be a Christian role model for the children, their families and communities.
2. Working within ones influence, serves as an advocate for children who live in poverty and are not able to speak out for themselves. This includes being informed about issues of children and influencing others to greater involvement on the children's behalf.
3. Participates in the preparation and implementation of Partner Plans and Budgets including Planning and utilisation of Survival and other homebased funds.
4. Participates in the preparation of Program activity and financial reports according to guidelines. This will include submission of Service Level Agreement (SLA) deliverables, Supporter beneficiary communication deliverable and Update beneficiary profiles in Compassion Connect as scheduled.
5. Networks with other entities (resource persons and organisations) to develop professional skills for all staff & stakeholders in child ministry.
6. Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of the performance of homebased interventions and design remedial interventions.
7. Carries out Home visits and Group activities, as a means of equipping beneficiaries in child Survival skills and Holistic child development.
8. Supports the church in the process of homebased beneficiary identification, Slots management and transitions.
Knowledge, skills, responsibilities required.
1. Must be a born-again Christian who is a model in word, deed, lifestyle and demonstrates involvement in Church ministry.
2. Must have at least a Diploma in Nursing, Midwifery, Community Health, Nutrition, clinical medicine, Education and Social work related disciplines.
3. Must be Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and Power Point plus knowledge of Internet.
4. Should be a good steward, of high integrity, exhibiting confidentiality, with good social skills and can be trusted by persons who prefer a non intrusive lifestyle.
5. Highly self-motivated to carry out Home-visits and group trainings that involve parents and their children in non-classroom settings.
6. Should have a developmental mindset and ability to design and implement homebased interventions that are contextualized.
7. Ability to design a stimulating environment for children using locally available resources/materials.
8. Experience and knowledge in Early Childhood (ECD), GOBIFFF components, maternal-child health intervention programs and social will be an added advantage.
9. Age: 22-40.
Shall work at a Local Church Project and will also include visiting homes of beneficiaries to provide training and support. Travels for correspondence, conferences and trainings should be expected. Will sign and abide by a statement of commitment to child protection.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All suitable qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application with updated curriculum vitae, photocopies of all academic qualifications, a recommendation from your local church pastor/ reverand and names of the two referees with their day time telephone contact and postal address addressed to: Umbrella leader-kinoni church of God World missions in Uganda, Rwengoro 3, Rukunyu Town Council, Kamwenge district. Email: vitalis [email protected] and [email protected] Mobile number: +256772988202/+256751092001 Deadline: one week from the date of publication Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted