Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Jobs at:Kitovu Mobile
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kitovu Mobile is a non-discriminatory faith based non-profit organization under the Registered Trustees of Masaka Diocese that was incorporated as a company limited by guarantee on 5th August 2013 under the names of Kitovu Mobile Limited. The headquarters are located in Soweto- Masaka City. Our Vision is an Empowered and Healthier communities copying effectively with the impact of HIV and AIDS and other life threatening illnesses. Kitovu Mobile has been working in Uganda for over 34 years now.
Kitovu Mobile largely offers health care services i.e. facility based and mobile community outreach services where we engage in HIV prevention, care and treatment, Palliative care services to patients with chronic illnesses, TB screening and treatment, as well as General medical services as expected from a Health Centre III.
We also run community empowerment programs where we have different projects targeting the Youth, OVC & Caregivers, Grannies, AGYW'S, and others enabling them to mitigate the negative effects of HIV and AIDS and other life threatening chronic illnesses. Kitovu Mobile has a Child Protection Policy to which all Staff and stakeholders are expected to comply with. Being an equal opportunity employer, the Organisation now seeks to recruit a competent self-motivated individual to fill the positions:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Purpose of the post:
The Chief Executive Officer serves as chief executive of Kitovu Mobile. In collaboration with the Board, s/ he is responsible for the success of Kitovu Mobile. Together, the Board and Chief Executive Officer assure Kitovu Mobile's relevance to the community, the accomplishment of Kitovu Mobile's vision and mission, and the accountability of Kitovu Mobile to its diverse constituents.
Key Result Areas include:
• Ensure filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
• Work with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community Outreach.
• Sustainable management of company resources
• Effective and innovative company services
• Financing, financial Performance and Viability
• Strategy, policy and planning
• Good governance and company stability
• Resource mobilization
• Partnership establishment
• Oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• Source for, and develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the company.
• Facilitates the integration of Kitovu Mobile into the fabric of the community by using effective marketing and communications activities.
• Plan and implement programs.
• Establish strong and appropriate relationships with Board, committees, volunteers, staff, donors and clients.
• Develops smooth and constructive relationships with executive colleagues, outside agencies, organizations and individuals.
• A Master's degree in public health, business, administration, management or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years working experience in a Senior Management role.
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• At least 35 years of age and with five or more years senior non profit management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of Kitovu Mobile's strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non profit sector
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Send your application letter together with relevant academic documents, photocopy of National ID, an updated CV indicating 3 recognized referees, their addresses and functioning telephone contacts, and full contact address to the Human Resource Manager at [email protected] or hand deliver to Kitovu Mobile Office, Plot 4, Delhi Road, Masaka.
The deadline for the submission of the application is 20th August, 2021. For more details please use the contact below. The Applications should be addressed to: The Human Resource Manager Kitovu Mobile P. O. Box 207, Masaka - Uganda +256 752 100 577, [email protected]