Cash &Voucher Assistance Coordinator
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Uganda , Arua , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Cash &Voucher Assistance Coordinator (1) short term contract (Arua)
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for Cash & Voucher Assistance Coordinator at our field Office in Arua The CVA Coordinator will be responsible for leading the coordination of a cash transfer under a pilot Child Support Grant complementing the UN WFP Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition. Specifically: leading on the cash Feasibility and Risk Assessment, undertaking the cash Delivery Mechanism Assessment, providing recommendations and contingency planning to support the scale up of cash transfer programming, support the cash advocacy strategy/plan. The post holder will work closely with programme management to ensure that assistance complements and enhances the nutrition outcomes. The role will also involve coordination with the wider community and with local financial partners on the delivery mechanisms, transfer values and targeting of beneficiaries.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
• Minimum 3 years of experience working on Cash and/or Livelihoods project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
• University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (Economics, Development studies, agricultural economics, Social Science). Proven work experience will be considered as a substitute for formal education.
• Experience with multi-sectoral and integrated Cash and Livelihoods programming
• Professional knowledge of cash transfer modalities/systems.
• Previous experience working in complex and volatile environments
• Familiar with the line management of staff and work plan coordination
• IT competencies including MS Office
• Context related skills; knowledge and experience
• Experience with market assessment approaches
• Experience with small-scale income-generation activities
• Experience with community-based projects/activities
• Experience working with vulnerable groups; able to demonstrate conflict-sensitivity, compassion, discretion
• Skills in monitoring and evaluation would be beneficial.
• Experience with early recovery /reconstruction projects is an asset.
• Experience working in Uganda and / or experience working in a protracted refugee crisis context
• Multi-site management experience
• ECHO programme management experience
• National level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with another NGOs/UN
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children's rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 30 July 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zOTY1Mi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20