Care & Treatment Officer - Locum
Jobs at:Rakai Health Sciences Program
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2022
Within Uganda , Masaka , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio - medical research and service delivery organization.
RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Care & Treatment Officer - Locum
Location: Greater Masaka districts
Provide HIV/AIDS related technical support to health care workers at supported Health facilities
• Provide technical oversight to frontline health workers for the implementation of quality comprehensive HIV care across the HIV cascade with a focus on the 95/95/95 UNAIDS target.
• Make quarterly and monthly workplans and budgets to support care & treatment services integration for the allocated sites.
• Provide continuous clinical mentorship, coaching and support supervision to the frontline health workers to ensure adherence and compliance to the current MoH guidelines and policies.
• Support and strengthen continuous quality improvement approaches for all care & treatment services (Care, PMTCT, TB, Supply Chain, Retention and Laboratory issues) at the support facilities, including support for the National QI initiatives, CDC data calls, and Abstract writing for National QI conferences.
• Support professional continuous medical education at the health facilities in line with the most recent HIV prevention and treatment guidelines for all sub-populations.
• Participate and present in District CMEs, performance review meetings and any other meetings
• Ensure that the health workers obtain and use the updated tools while supporting comprehensive HIV care, TB prevention and treatment, PMTCT/EID services.
• Ensure complete and accurate data documentation in all paper based HMIS tools and electronic medical records (EMR) for HIV care, PMTCT/EID, TB, supply chain, QI, Retention & Laboratory in the supported facilities and ensure it is used to make decisions.
• Ensure facilities meet the COP targets
• Ensure that all heath facilities make and submit timely and accurate reports including weekly SMS, surge reports, monthly 105 and quarterly 106 reports as well as extra indicators as highlighted by the funder.
• Ensure availability of treatment and testing commodities through supporting appropriate quantification, timely ordering in the appropriate MoH systems and commodities re-distribution during stockouts.
• Support health facilities to identify, manage and report ADRs.
• Any other assigned duties in line with your role
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing
• Training in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and opportunistic infections
• Valid Registration with the Allied Health professionals’ Council
• At least 1 year experience in a busy clinical HIV/AIDS care setting
• Experience in clinical care of infants, children and adolescents would be an added advantage
• Specific experience and training in HIV/AIDS management or care
• Good interpersonal skills required
• Ability to interact productively and work in a team environment
• Self-motivated, innovative and capable of meeting deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills required (Both oral & written)
• Willingness to travel and provide care services at selected health facilities and outreaches
• Ability to ride a motorcycle is a MUST.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applications: All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (In one PDF/ Word document), addressed to the HR Manager to [email protected] . Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Thursday 31st March 2022 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification