Care & Treatment Advisor
Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Care and Treatment Technical Advisor will provide technical support to ensure timely and quality accelerated HIV/AIDS service delivery in the supported districts. S/he participate in the planning, coordination and evaluation of project activities designed to enhance capabilities, governance and functionality of DHTs. He/she will coordinate capacity-building efforts to reinforce competencies of DHTs and HCWs and will be the key liaison between JCRC and the Cluster/DBT areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical assistance to HIV/AIDS/TB care and treatment for the key thematic areas in the DBT areas.
• Report on a variety of programmatic, financial, administrative and logistics needs that arise from the DBT.
• Provide program management and technical support to DBT, and Technical Advisor -Prevention, Care and Treatment at cluster level.
• Provide program management and coordination support to assigned implementing partners (IPs).
• Design, monitor and report on key activities related to HIV/AIDS/TB Prevention, Care and Treatment scale up in the DBT areas.
• Support Mentorship and coaching activities for HCWs in relation to comprehensive HIV/AIDS/TB prevention, care and treatment in the Cluster areas.
• Provide on call/distance Technical Assistance support for the handling of complicated cases
• Support Quality Assurance of HIV/AIDS/TB services at facilities and recommend corrective action
• Oversee the monitoring and evaluation as well as Quality Improvement approaches in the cluster areas
• Take lead in documentation of best and promising practices for sharing at District, Cluster Regional, national and international forums for program learning and improvement.
• Oversee the day-to-day planning and coordination of Cluster-level activities.
• Play a liaison role between the Cluster team, the district local government, health facilities, CBOs and other community structures.
• Coordinate Mentorship, Coaching and QI Learning sessions for HCWs at the Health Facilities.
• Work with the M&E Manager to compile periodic reports and share them with the Prevention, Care and Treatment Advisor for onward submission.
• Ensure that all project objectives are met through effective planning and coordination of technical assistance.
• Develop work plans, budgets and narratives for the purpose of project planning for the Cluster.
• Support design of HIV/AIDS and TB capacity building interventions and monitoring of results in line with the national policy standard guidelines.
• Work with the DHTs and Health Facilities in the Cluster area to ensure effective delivery of HIV/AIDS, TB services to the target populations.
• Take lead in documentation of best and promising practices for sharing at Cluster level for program learning and improvement.
• Build lasting strategic partnerships and networks for accelerated epidemic control in the Cluster area.
Qualifications and experience;
• The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB). Active Registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council is a MUST. A Master’s degree in Public Health or related field will be an added advantage.
• Additional Training: Specialized training in HIV/AIDS is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years of HIV/AIDS/TB clinical experience.
• Experience in providing Technical Assistance to large scale HIV/AIDS HSS interventions within MoH structures and systems.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS/TB management.
• Good working knowledge of HIV/AIDS/TB programs, strategies, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV/AIDS programs.
• Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Applications and experience in strategic information management is an added advantage
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Local language and English, including report writing.
• Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
• Knowledge of USG programming policies and regulations, MoH and district procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of the local language shall be an added advantage
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed and with minimum supervision.
• Willingness to work in a rural setting
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021