Care and Treatment Officer
Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation - Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2022
Within Uganda , Kabarole , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To support and monitor provision of comprehensive and quality Paediatric, adolescent and adult HIV care & treatment in line with existing MoH guidelines
• Prepare and monitor implementation of cluster specific annual and quarterly HIV care and treatment work plans & budgets for the project
• Support cluster districts and health facilities to integrated HIV care and treatment priorities and activities into their strategic and developmental plans and budgets in line with Baylor-Uganda HSS mandate.
• Train, mentor and supervise project supported health facilities and CSO to develop, implement, document and share change packages from Quality Improvement (QI) initiatives on pediatric, adolescent and adult HIV/AIDS/TB care and treatment services in line with Ministry of Health Guidelines and donor HSS guidelines.
• Monitor implementation of strategies and systems expanding ART access and strengthen HFs to improve treatment initiation, adherence and outcomes outcome monitoring through client literacy and reminder systems, peer support and case conferencing in line with MoH guidelines.
• Provide technical support in rational use of medical commodities, documentation of consumption as well as laboratory performance in the cluster in line with MOH guidelines.
• Establish/strengthen health facility-based system for infection prevention control and waste management through the QI approach in line with MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines.
• Establish/strengthen collaborations/partnerships among key stakeholders involved in provision of HIV related services for better implementation of strategies for community mobilization and advocacy for all project in the district.
• Provide technical support to key stakeholders in monitoring implementation of strategies for strengthening client linkage & referral, ART initiation and optimization, retention and adherence for improved individual outcomes.
• Liaise with the Public health specialist and the line regional sub unit to appraise and provide technical support to the cluster level care and treatment team in order to maintain a competent & motivated “cluster team” in line with the Uganda employment act and Baylor-Uganda Human resources manual.
• Participate in sub granting - planning and budgeting, and monitoring implementation of sub grant plan and budgets in line with Baylor grants policy.
• Conduct operational research through development of abstracts, manuscripts and case reports and disseminate findings in journals and other fora in line with Baylor-Uganda research guidelines.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university
• MPH will be an added advantage
• Fully registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council
• Experience as a supervisor in clinic or hospital-based services.
• Knowledge of HIV/TB and ART
• Knowledge of community-based health care and advocacy
• Knowledge of district health systems and protocols
• Knowledge of HMIS and data reporting
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
• Personal competencies in team building
• Good communication skills.
• Being dynamic, Persuasive & convincing,
• Self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• 3 Years Relevant Experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/job-application/336/opportunity-welcome