Job Title: Business Development Executive – Britam Insurance Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Britam Insurance Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Britam Insurance Uganda Profile:
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has a presence in seven countries in Africa namely; Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial solutions in Life Assurance, General Insurance, Health Insurance, Retirement Planning, Asset Management and Property. These solutions enable our customers to protect and grow their wealth and achieve their financial goals every step of the way.
The role holder will be responsible for offering support to the Assistant Manager, Sales for the consistent growth of sales in the Alternative Distribution Channel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Effectively work with your supervisor in the analysis of the performance of the ADC and propose and implement initiatives for the growth of the channel.
- Ensure that all internal Compliance requirements are adhered to including licensing, renewal requirements as per the laid down company renewal procedures
- Make timely requisitions for Rent, Rewards, Commissions, Transport expenses, etc to ensure the smooth running of the ADC operations.
- Ensure all Files for the team in the Channel are up to date and ensure 100% compliance.
- Ensure the timely acquisition of IRA licenses for the ADC team
- Verification/Allocation of Bank deposit slips for premiums from the ADC team
- Offer support to the travel Channel through the issuance of policies, and related claim follow-ups.
- In liaison with Finance, effectively allocate all premiums from the MTP stations as per the UIA system
- Prepare timely reports for the channel as and when the need arises.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
Execution of departmental strategy
ADC Revenue Growth
Effective allocation of MTP Premiums
Work with other departments as and when required.
Emerging Leaders Competency Descriptions:
• Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
• Working with People – Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-acitvely shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
• Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
• Analysing – Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system / process / problem.
• Planning and Organising – Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
• Deciding and Initiating Action – Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates’ actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
• Leading and Supervising – Provides subordinates with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides subordinates with the relevant coaching; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; identifies high potential talent; sets and articulates the departmental vision and values through own personal behaviour; sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Works strategically to realise personal goals; understands and effectively communicates the departmental strategy; translates the departmental strategy and vision into operational responsibilities; takes into consideration departmental strategy during all tasks; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to current role.
• Applying Expertise and Technology – Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
• Following Instructions and Procedures – Challenges authority only when appropriate; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
• Adapting and Responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Technical and functional competencies
- Analytical and Critical Thinker
- Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner
- High moral and ethical standing
- Highly motivated
- Good Communication Skills
- Building Relationships
- Focuses on the Customers
- Develops Self
- Solves Problems
Minimum Qualifications for Britam Insurance Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer/software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Experience working in the financial services sector with focus on business development is an added advantage
How To Apply for Britam Insurance Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 7th May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .