Brand Manager (Re-Advertised)
Jobs at:Population Services International ( PSI )
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Brand Manager (Re-Advertised)
Department: Regional Social Enterprise
Based At: PSIU Head Office
Travel: Up To 20% Local and International Travel
Reports To: Sales and Marketing Manager, Psi Uganda
Start Date: June 2022
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI is now moving forward with a Social Enterprise (SE) approach in key markets within the Southern, Eastern & West Africa regions including Uganda. This approach includes using commercial models, appropriate marketing, and pricing strategies as well as significant procurement and operational efficiencies to provide affordable pricing while moving towards sustainable funding in the medium to long term.
PSI Uganda has ambitious plans for future growth and within the context of an emerging market is increasing focus to deliver a breakthrough plan towards a holistic offering towards women’s reproductive health and wellness needs. Several brands have been registered and recently introduced on the market.
PSI seeks to employ a Brand Manager that will help us lead development and execution of the brand growth strategies. The role will require the incumbent to develop broad cross functional working relationships across the business functions such as sales, procurement, supply planning and partners in other countries. Furthermore, this role will need to develop strong relationships with the Global marketing lead.
You will take ownership and monitoring of holistic brand performance, initiating interventions where necessary. This will require the tracking of consumer and commercial business performance on a regular basis including P&L management, consumer tracking and share tracking.
Sound like you? Read on.
• Responsible for delivering the brand portfolio volume and revenue targets
• Responsible for development of brand budgets and management of the same in line with business plans and P&L.
• Strategy Development & Execution:
• Responsible for collaborating with Sales function on the adaption of Global / Regional campaigns where appropriate and programs for local execution to establish strong customer/consumer and category positions.
• Understand the motivations of target consumers and plan activities around these
• Responsible for channel execution planning in close collaboration with Sales function.
• Oversees the Internal local campaign set-up and communication to sales and other stakeholders.
• Take the lead on strategies & tactics for new product introduction/ launch execution and deployment plan, including country level PR, local digital content and local activities to support launch, in close collaboration with Sales.
• Develops and implements local sales and competitive response campaigns and programs.
• Makes recommendations based on market data analysis & market trends.
• Driving Commercial Excellence
• Forecasting: To achieve the agreed customer service level by providing accurate product demand forecasts. Ensure that all forecasting assumptions are appropriately documented.
• Introduction of new products: To successfully launch all new products. Execute the launch plan.
• Pricing: To have a pricing strategy which combines maximum sales with optimal contribution.
• Driving the highest standards of execution of the brands.
• Ensuring excellence in the development and execution of communication and activation plans.
• Ensuring high quality measurement and evaluation (M&E) on all brand activities and implementing learnings.
• Representation of the brand(s) externally building awareness and advocacy amongst consumers.
• Lead development and execution of channel and brand plans.
• Marketing Metrics:
• Consistent tracking of brand performance against plans
• Balanced score card & National Sales Plan.
• Timely delivery of performance reporting.
• All campaigns / launches executed on time and on strategy (launch KPIs).
• Customer measures—Market Share, Retention, Acquisition Growth & Customer Surveys.
• What are we looking for?
• The Basics:
• Appropriate tertiary marketing qualification – Degree.
• Marketing certification or Post graduate Degree an advantage.
• Computer literacy: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power-point, Project)
• High cognitive ability.
• Minimum of 4-5 years Brand management and commercial experience with previously demonstrated success within this environment.
• Experience working with and successfully managing agencies / strategic partner relationships.
• Demonstrated success in a demanding, complex business environment.
• Experience within Pharmaceutical Industry (Private & Public Sector), or women’s health space is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategies into tactical plans and leading teams in executing those plans.
• Barriers to Success in the role:
• Inability to grasp complexity of market (multiple channels, languages, cultural differences, norms and practices)
• Inability to influence people across all the levels in the organization.
• Inability to balance multiple priorities and work to a series of tight deadlines.
• Inability to make rapid decisions and respond quickly to organization change.
• Lack of technology literacy and interest.
• Lack of leadership capability
• Lack of personal drive.
• The Candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
• Measurement: Evidence, research. metrics and evaluation inform our choices
• Pragmatism: We strive for excellence, but useful and timely are better than perfect
• Honesty: We act with integrity, share what we achieve, and admit when we fail
• Collaboration: Active partnering drives impact
• Trust: We have confidence in our people to make good decisions
• Commitment: We build local capacity and programs that last.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to [email protected] indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Inclusion of your salary expectation in your cover letter is a key requirement. Submission of certified academic papers is compulsory.
Applications should reach us not later than 5.00pm (1700H) on Friday May 20th, 2022.
Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible!
Candidates who applied recently not need re-apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.