Behavioral Social Scientist
Jobs at:The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Behavioral Social Scientist for the 3HP OPTIONS TRIAL study to be based in Kampala. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the implementation of the 3HP Options Trial qualitative evaluation in line with Ugandan/IDRC and U.S./UCSF regulations and standards.
• Work with the study nurses to recruit, screen, consent and follow-up study participants according to the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
• Conduct and coordinate qualitative research study activities including sampling and data collection for qualitative research study participants according to the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
• Adhere to the principles of ethical research according to human subjects review protocols.
• Conducting in-depth interviews of study participants and key informants at 3HP Options Trial sites in Uganda.
• Conducting participant observation at selected 3HP Options Trial and other community settings as needed.
• Conducting focus group discussions with 3HP Options Trial participants.
• Communicate (e.g., Zoom conference calls) with the Study Investigators bi-weekly on the overall data collection progress and other issues, including preparation of a weekly memo for the lead Behavioral Social Scientist.
• Provide monthly reports on the 3HP Options Trial qualitative study progress and regularly communicate with the Study Investigators at UCSF and IDRC
• Participate in analysis of qualitative data and manuscript writing in conjunction with UCSF, IDRC Investigators and the Study Coordinator using qualitative research software such as Dedoose or Atlas.ti.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences/Social Work & Social Administration.
• Masters’ in Public Health, Social Sciences or any Health-related training.
• GCP/HSP training is a MUST
• Experience working on HIV/TB studies/clinical trials research.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Working knowledge of Qualitative Data analysis packages.
• Fluency in Luganda.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under stringent deadlines and to work independently
• Excellent attention to detail
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your applications using this link on the IDRC website: http://idrc-uganda.org/careers.html
Additional Important Comments:
• All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website on or before 5:00pm, 6th April 2021.
• Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
• Applications cannot be amended following submission.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.