Job Title: Subgrants Officer – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
To support the Sub grant Manager to manage the performance of grants projects in line with the financial and accounting systems and overall Baylor Uganda guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, submit regional grant management periodic plans & budgets to the Grants Manager for approval.
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures and guidelines then disseminate them to the sub grantees.
- Conduct an assessment of the financial capacities of potential grantees to establish their capability to manage the grants.
- Review and approve partner payment requests and the supporting documents following the Sub grants Policy Manual.
- Conduct a periodic needs analysis, prepare/update a related risk profile for all sub grantees per the grants guidelines and agreements.
- Build the capacity of all sub grantees and others involved in the implementation of the project in grants management..
- Provide technical assistance to the grantees as may be required following the grants guidelines and agreements.
- Monitor sub grantee implementation plans as well as the integration of the related activities in district & health facility plans & budgets.
- Monitor the sub grantees’ compliance to the Sub grants Policy Manual in line with the Grants department mission.
- Monitor the preparation of timely and accurate regional quarterly and annual budgets forecasts and the disbursement of funds to grantees as per the approved budgets.
- Monitor the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports and accountability support documents by the sub grantees and certify their correctness, give feedback to grantees.
- Make regular field monitoring visits to grantees to establish the progress of grants programs and sub grantee budget utilization and conduct lessons learnt meetings following the grant’s guidelines and agreements.
- Develop and maintain a records management system for each grantee including but not limited to financial agreement, work plans, approved budgets, disbursements, quarterly financial and program reports, communications etc.
- Prepare quarterly regional actual expenditure Vs budgeted expenditure reports on grants performance and submit to the Grants Manager following the grants guidelines and agreements.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders and advocate for coordinated and harmonized interventions in the region in line with the various project objectives
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business studies or related field
- At least three Years Relevant Experience
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE).
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All l suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
Deadline: Tuesday 7th December 2021 at 5:00pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.