Job Title: Laboratory Technologist – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Kagadi, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Perform different laboratory tests to diagnose the different diseases, identify disease cause and monitor the progression of disease among clients in according to the Baylor Uganda laboratory SOPs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Perform QA/QC, internal –external QC and PT procedures routinely for all test methods as per the laboratory S.O.P.
- Review and implement safety procedures to maintain health and safety aspects and workplace needs routinely in line with internationally acceptable laboratory safety standards.
- Conduct periodic maintenance procedures for laboratory equipment as per the related service schedule.
- Routinely monitor equipment and environmental temperatures in line with GLCP.
Laboratory Tests and Operations
- Perform specimen collection from Baylor clients, referral of specimens and reception of referred specimens then conduct verification and documentation/ accessioning of these specimens in line with GLCP.
- Carryout study related laboratory activities including documentation, plasma processing and trail shipments as per the study protocol and manual of operation in line with GCLP and Baylor laboratory mission.
- Carry out Biochemical, Haematological, and Immunophenotyping tests using automated systems in line with Baylor laboratory SOPs and GCLP.
- Conduct periodic COE lab forecasts of lab reagents and supplies and develop monthly requisitions for the required inventory from Baylor main store.
- Manage the COE lab store in line with the established SOPs.
- Distribute lab reagents and supplies to lab section users in line with Baylor Lab reagents and supplies SOP and Baylor store procedures.
- Conduct monthly Physical stocktaking and prepare a report on the same.
- Carry out laboratory related research and present researched findings/cases in CMEs, Case conferences and other medical related fora in line with Baylor Uganda and MOH research guidelines.
Capacity Building & Mentorship
- Review and implement capacity building plan (through training, mentorship, support supervision and implement re tooling provision) at COE and all other Baylor Uganda supported sites.
- Conduct Health Education talks to the clients in laboratory-related activities as per the roster provided.
- Provide Mentorship and Technical support to Hubs and Non Hub laboratories using the SLAMTA and SIMS checklists respectively.
- Disseminate infection control messages to the non-laboratory staff (Clients, support staff and clinical team) as slated in the H/E rosters.
- A bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Laboratory Science or other laboratory related course.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All l suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
Deadline: 9th December 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.