Job Title: Fresher Project Officer (Risk Communication and Community Engagement) – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The Project officer -Risk Communication and Community Engagement will provide short term technical assistance to the region and districts, He/she will be responsible for strengthening regional and district capacity for risk communication and community engagement during prevention and response to COVID-19 outbreaks. The Project Officer will also support the implementation of community-based disease surveillance activities in liaison with the epidemiologists.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the regional project coordinator to Plan, budget, implement and report on project activities.
- Review the RCCE strategies, information, education and communication (IEC) materials, practices for COVID-19 outbreak prevention and control including COVID-19 vaccination and offer practical recommendations.
- Support districts to develop/implement community information and feedback mechanisms for providing information, detecting and rapidly responding to or counter misinformation and rumours during outbreaks.
- Coordinate mobilization and sensitization of community groups during outbreaks including printing and dissemination of culturally appropriate IEC materials.
- Strengthen community based disease surveillance including training and supervision of VHTS
- Provide technical support for development of culturally appropriate and harmonized BCC strategies and tools, messages for prevention and control of disease outbreaks.
- Liaise with the M&E specialist to monitor and evaluate project risk community and community engagement activities.
- Assist in design and implementation of implementation/operation research including evaluation of the social impact of outbreaks on population.
- Participate in RCCE pillar meetings
- Conduct behavioural change communication assessments
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree preferably in a communication/social science. Experience in risk communication during public health emergencies and disease outbreak is desirable.
- A Master Degree in Public Health or Field Epidemiology training is an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience working in the public health sector
- Experience in designing, implementing or evaluating of RCCE strategies;
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE) . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.