Job Title: Clinical Care Team Lead – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The Clinical Care Team Lead is responsible for working with the Hoima Regional referral hospital management to ensure that HIV/TB service delivery is implemented at the hospital per the work plan, MOH and Baylor Uganda policies.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with hospital management to support performance management of project supported staff providing HIV/TB Services.
- Work with hospital heads of departments to ensure project supported staff have clear work targets and that evaluations and appraisals are completed on time.
- Ensure that time worked by all staff is recorded on time sheets and correctly endorsed by the designated supervisors to support staff facilitations.
- Build and maintain an effective performing team at the regional hospital. Obtain weekly management supervision checklist. Support the hospital director to ensure this is completed and submitted in time.
- Provide technical assistance for HIV/TB care and lead the clinical team in the provision of services in line with national guidelines.
- Ensure presence of clinical staff to provide uninterrupted services at the HIV/TB clinic (collaborate with hospital supervisors to establish monthly duty rosters).
- Conduct weekly clinical meetings and keep a record of meeting minutes with action points and follow-on actions
- Conduct monthly and quarterly data reviews to analyse data, identify gaps and identify suitable interventions.
- Prepare and submit reports and presentations as due in collaboration with the M&E team and other members of the clinical team.
- Coordinate HIV clinic QI activities and provide support for the hospital QI focal person.
- Provide technical support for HIV preventive services including HIV Counselling and Testing.
- Work collaboratively with the HIV service delivery team to ensure functional linkages within the hospital
- Liaise with the Hospital Laboratory In-Charge and Baylor Uganda laboratory team to ensure laboratory equipment are maintained and repaired in line with available schedules.
- Support the Hub Coordinator in Laboratory hub rider scheduling, and ensuring the back-up rider is engaged when needed
- Support the Hub Coordinator in ensuring the hub motorbike is maintained and the repair schedules are adhered to, to minimize down-time.
- Work with the hub coordinator to plan for the Bi-annual laboratory hub review meetings in liaison with project laboratory technical supervisory team
- Work in liaison with hospital management to ensure the laboratory hub functions optimally.
- Work in liaison with the Hoima cluster office to perform the administrative role on behalf of the project at the hospital.
- Ensure timely submission of documentation to requisition and account for project funds.
- MBChB and registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council§ Personal competencies in team building and good communication skills.§ Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience as a supervisor in clinic or hospital-based services
- Dynamic, Persuasive & convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
- MMed and/or MPH or related public health policy and/or management course
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the links below.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button below. In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on [email protected]
Closing Date: 30th April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise