Job Title: Assistant Facilities Engineer – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Monitor the implementation of systems and procedures for facility development and maintenance to provide an environment for the finest health care, education and research according to the Ministry of Works standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draft architectural designs for Baylor Uganda supported health centers and submit them to the supervisor for approval in line with the MOWT standards.
- Supervise and monitor suppliers, outsourced contractors/consultants work carried out at Baylor Uganda supported health centers in line with the given program objectives and MOWT standards.
- Develop an activity work Plan for carrying out periodic renovations of infrastructure and monitor the implementation of schedule for general cleaning of buildings and roads in Baylor Uganda in line with MOWT standards.
- Carry out both minor preventive and routine maintenance on all electro- mechanical systems and monitor the performance of outsourced service providers working on electro- mechanical systems in line with MOWT standards.
- Carry out both minor repair of faulty plumbing and sewerage systems and monitor the performance of outsourced service providers working on faulty plumbing and sewerage systems in line with MOWT standards.
- Monitor and repair the door fittings, lighting fixtures, table furniture and seating furniture frequently at the COE in line with facility maintenance guidelines.
- Develop bills of quantities for civil and electrical works and submit them for review to the supervisor in line with the MOWT standards.
- A Higher diploma in Civil engineering. (A diploma in Architecture with a Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering will be an added advantage)
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE) . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 18th May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.