Job Title: – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021 2 Laboratory Coordinators
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Hoima and Fort Portal, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The Laboratory Coordinator will review and monitor the implementation of guidelines for providing laboratory services in the region in line with current laboratory professional standards and with Baylor Uganda’s mission and establish/strengthen testing for priority pathogens and Anti-microbial resistance surveillance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and support for the implementation of Anti-microbial resistance testing and testing for priority pathogens.
- Monitor and strengthen the implementation of MoH Quality Improvement Programs in laboratories in the region and develop interventions to bridge the identified gaps using laboratory Quality Improvement guidelines.
- Develop and monitor implementation of region periodic work plans, procurement plan and budgets for providing laboratory services, and the integration of key laboratory activities in the health facility plans and budgets in line with MoH laboratory objectives and Baylor Financial Guidelines.
- Strengthen and monitor stock management, proper forecasting and distribution of laboratory supplies to strengthen laboratory logistics systems in the region in line with Baylor Uganda procurement guidelines and ‘current NMS order & delivery schedules
- Provide technical support in the development of regional laboratory performance targets and monitor their implementation.
- Prepare periodic laboratory performance reports to the supervisors, and other critical stakeholders in line with the regional laboratory work plan and Baylor reporting guidelines
- Develop strategies to monitor the implementation of the MoH accreditation process in the regional laboratories to enhance the proper functioning of the laboratories in line with the WHO AFRO SLMTA accreditation standards.
- Monitor Biosafety and waste management practices in laboratories and institute measures to enhance compliance to the MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines.
- Conduct periodic needs analysis of the regional laboratories and monitor the implementation of the laboratory capacity building plan (including retooling- equipment, workspace and HR) in the region in line with MOH and Baylor-Uganda capacity-building guidelines.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders, and advocate for coordinated and harmonized laboratory systems strengthening interventions in line with Baylor-Uganda laboratory mission.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree in clinical microbiology or laboratory-related field, or a master’s in public health with a degree in Biomedical Laboratory Science or other laboratory-related degree courses.
- Three years of experience in Laboratory Health Programming, including Stakeholder engagement in decision and policy-making targeting LQMS implementation.
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE) . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.