Assistant Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Jobs at:German Leprosy and TB Relief Association(GLRA/DAHW)
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
German Leprosy and TB Relief Association(GLRA/DAHW) is a non-Government organization within the East Africa Region of DAHW/GLRA in Ethiopia and Headquarters in Germany, with focus on health; aspects of leprosy, Tuberculosis, Neglected tropical diseases, Inclusion, Humanitarian Aid and Research in an innovative way. In cooperation with Nyapea Hospital, GLRA is to implement a project:
“Talking NTDs: Strengthen local health systems and community resilience to prevent and address NTDs and related disabilities through gender-sensitive, equitable and inclusive services in Zombo District, West Nile, Uganda” with a specific objective to build capacities of local communities and local institutions and structures to prevent and combat NTDs and related disabilities through gender-sensitive, equitable and inclusive services in Zombo District, West Nile Uganda. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced ASSISTANT M & E OFFICER.
Position: ASSISTANT MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
Reports to: M & E Coordinator
Duty Station: Nyapea Hospital, Zombo District
Employment type: Fixed term for 18 months.
Salary: According to the organisational remuneration scale.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant will be responsible for the timely entry of the data into the database with subsequent analysis. She / he ensures adequate data collection in the respective sub-districts and health units.
Roles and responsibilities:
Setting up the system :
• Assist the development and implementation of a robust monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project/ program results at different levels i.e Outputs, Outcomes and Impact
• Assist in the development of a baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
• Assist in the development of monitoring and impact indicators for the project success;
Implementation of the M&E roles
• Participate in routine data collection and entry for various interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning
• Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified
• Ensure proper filing of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets among others
• With support from the M&E Officer, participate capacity building and mentorship activities for field staff in data collection and cleaning
• Keep the M&E database up to date and help program staff prepare periodic high quality reports
• Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M& E activities conducted in the field
• Perform any other M&E tasks assigned by the M&E Officer or his/her supervisor
Education: Diploma in statistics, economics, business administration or related field. Additional certificates in M&E would be an advantage
• Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in an M&E role responsible for implementing M&E activities.
• Considerable experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
• Competences in using computer packages especially Ms Word and Ms Excel
• Good moderation, facilitation and training skills.
• Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
Fluency in written and spoken Alur and English.
GLRA employees must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the DAHW-Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service and Accountability. In accordance with these values, GLRA operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity and Ant-Retaliation.
GLRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, marital status and disability.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All interested applicants should address and submit a cover letter, updated CV and copies of academic documents to GLRA Head of Programme - [email protected] and in copy to: Nyapea Hospital Director - Omara Jammy [email protected] .
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION
27th August 2021