Assistant Accountant - Karamoja Cluster
Jobs at:World Vision Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2021
Within Uganda , Karamoja , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Assistant Accountant - Karamoja Cluster
Report to: Programme Manager
Location: Karamoja District
World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Purpose of the position:
To assist in providing financial technical support to the Project/Programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards
• Allocate various expenses to cost center accounts made on vouchers in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies
• Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU financial guidelines and manual
• Initiate and prepare Mobile Money transactions (using Voucher Interface) and submit to the cluster Program Accountant for upload to Share point daily
Financial planning & budget management:
• Assist in developing programme/AP/cluster budgets in compliance with the programme / cluster/APs’ Plan
• Prepare and participate in discussion of the financial report with programme/AP team on 12th every month
• Support the Programmes /cluster during the internal and external auditing
• Maintain completed/updated stores records and items (stock cards, bin cards, good received notes, stores requisitions and returns books, delivery notes and way bills in accordance with WVI/WVU policy
• Train and upgrade skills and knowledge of the programme/cluster staff and partners on accounting policies and procedures.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
• A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
• Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
• At least 3 years relevant technical and business work experience.
• Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
• Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
• Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
• Knowledge of project management and project cycles
• Experience of working in the field(communities)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now