Area Program Manager
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2021
Within Uganda , Mayuge , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Area Program Manager
Position Locations (1): Mayuge Program Office, Eastern Uganda
Managers Position: Director of Programs
Suervises: Sanitation and Hygiene Coordinator; WASH Programme Engineer; WASH Sustainability Officer; Finance and Admin. Assistant
Lifewater is a Christian water development organization dedicated to effectively serving vulnerable children and families by partnering with underserved communities to overcome water poverty. Motivated by our faith in Jesus Christ, we serve the least and last as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all people. Lifewater International serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. Lifewater International Uganda seeks to recruit qualified persons to fill the vacant position of Area Programme Manager.
The Area Programme Manager is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the team to ensure that vulnerable children, families, and communities achieve an improved quality of life resulting from increased access to water, sanitation, and hygiene services. The Area Programme Manager provides proactive, thoughtful, transparent, and accountable leadership and management of program teams, engineering staff, and local stakeholders involved in the designing, management, monitoring, and evaluation of Lifewater’s Vision of a Healthy Village (VHV) program strategy in the area of operation under his/her jurisdiction. The APM is responsible for the successful implementation and reporting of programme results to LI management and key stakeholders .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads the development of a detailed implementation plan and guide implementation of the program and ensure monitoring progress towards program objectives.
• Leads program team on annual planning and budgeting for all hardware and software activities of the programs and projects in the district/s of assignment in line with LI planning and budgeting guidelines and timelines.
• Develops strategic relationships (network and liaise) with district-level stakeholders and represent LI in relevant for District Water and Sanitation Coordination meetings, District WASH advocacy meetings, Sanitation Week celebrations…etc. for purposes of shared learning and leveraging on their WASH activities as appropriate.
• Offers spiritual leadership to the team through developing a daily morning devotion staff roaster and conducting daily morning devotions for staff.
• Participates in the recruitment, orientation & on-boarding of staff for effective program delivery in the district(s) of assignment.
• Mentors, coaches, and supervises staff to ensure that they are adequately supported to execute their duties.
• Holds Program Management Team (PMT) meetings and share feedback with Director of Programs
• Liaises with the LI Uganda Director of Programs to develop, document, and operationalize all internal processes for program implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Collaborates with the Uganda Director of Programs in developing new plans, and assessing the feasibility of new/strategic areas of operation; coordinates baselines, reviews, and evaluations of the programs
• Takes a lead in rolling out the waterworks sustainability initiative and support WASH Sustainability Officer in the implementation of the LI O&M Strategy
• Supports and guides the implementation of LI church mobilization strategy in the district of assignment, develops and nurtures an effective relationship with the church partners to demonstrate the love of Christ among the vulnerable communities
• Oversees the training of health workers and effective promotion and reporting of WASH activities at health care facilities
• Ensures the quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines
• Facilitates effective and relevant capacity building events for WASH program staffs and supports them in the implementation of LI’s VHV strategy
• Carries out performance management function including performance monitoring, end of probation appraisals, and setting 90 days’ performance targets for staff
• Monitors and manage all LI resources including program budgets and expenditures and ensure timely accountability that is in line with LI standards
• Supports audit processes and ensure that all audit findings and recommendations are acted on thoroughly and timely in accordance with Lifewater audit policies.
• Manages the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual program plans as well as the related implementation and required progress reports.
• Carries out any other tasks assigned by the Director of Programs from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have a University degree in Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Education, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, or a related field.
• Must have at least 6 years’ experience in community development preferably in the field of water engineering, sanitation, and hygiene or public health, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, or related field, 3 of which should be in a managerial position coordinating rural water & sanitation programs.
• Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
• Knowledge of financial and human resource management.
• Must be able to communicate in a cross-cultural environment.
• Must be a born again Christian, a servant leader, and able to adequately lead in contexts of denominational diversities.
• Must be a team player and able to work with and amongst the LI team and key stakeholders in the target districts towards realizing and attaining key program milestones
• shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Experience Requirements: 6 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Use the link to apply: https://lifewater.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=34