Job Title: – Andre Foods International Jobs 2021 6 IT Assistants
Organization: Andre Foods International
Duty Station: Moroto/Kotido/Kaabong
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Andre Foods International Profile:
Andre Foods International (AFI) is a registered National Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in Uganda with a broad-based approach to different scientific and humanitarian challenges. Starting out as Andre Food Consult (AFC) in 2009, Andre Foods International (AFI) became fully fledged in 2014 with a goal to provide multi-dimensional solutions; particularly food processing, food security, nutrition, health, WASH, agriculture, environmental protection and research.
Our story in Uganda started as a response to malnutrition affecting vulnerable communities in Uganda. Andrew Kiri and Patrick Ogwok the founders of AFI wrote concept papers with special focus on Karamoja. Our first field offices were opened in Moroto and Nakapiripirit districts under the organisation name Andre Food Consult. In years that followed we grew and expanded outside Karamoja region and subsequently transitioned from Andre Food Consult (AFC) to Andre Foods International (AFI) with a broad goal of tackling multi-dimensional humanitarian needs across Uganda.
With support from our longtime partner United Nations World Food Programme we implement cross cutting projects including the nutrition programme in Karamoja and most recently the emergency response to refugee food security through General Food/Cash Assistance in Arua and Kiryandongo settlements.
The incumbents will be responsible for ensuring digitization and management of beneficiary data.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Collect beneficiary information, register and maintain beneficiaries’ database.
- Conduct registration follow up to ensure that the data collected is validated, accurate, conclusive and represents the entire household information.
- Conduct regular quality checks during data collection, ensuring clarity, accuracy and consistency
- Work closely with team leaders to enhance effective coordination during the entire registration period
- Handle all community members with utmost dignity and patience, respecting gender and diversity
- Provide regular and timely feedback to the designated team leaders on any registration challenges in the field
- Regularly generate reports from the data base for planning and management of programmes.
- Initiate and manage digital innovations (digitization of programme activities) in liaison with core programme staff.
- Support the Field teams to improve capture and management of data from ongoing activities
- Be responsible and take appropriate care of the assigned electronic equipment;
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or related field is a standard requirement
- A minimum of three years of experience in collecting, handling and managing databases
- Fluency in written and spoken English a must. Working knowledge of Nga’rimojong and other languages spoken in the Karamoja region will be an added advantage
How To Apply for Andre Foods International Jobs 2021
Please, hand-deliver your cover letter, academic documents and your detailed CV indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three (3) referees with their addresses to Andre Foods International, Moroto or email [email protected] . Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
Closing Date: 15th June 2021 at 5:00 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.