Job Title: Logistics Officer (Distribution Store) – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Kamwenge/Rwamwanja & Kikuube, Kyangwali, Uganda
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Alight is recruiting a Logistics Officer – Distribution Store for our program in Uganda to be based at Kyangwali & Rwamwanja Office You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it. The Logistics Officer- Distribution Store will be responsible for Proper warehouse management in line with ALIGHT and UNHCR policy requirements, compute and record information, support community service in NFI distribution and reporting, Prepare monthly stores and stock/inventory reports, manage all warehouse related documentation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as distribution reports and stock reports before dissemination
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer for the all the record and information relating to warehouse and stores.
• Compile and disseminate distribution summary reports.
• Record amounts of materials or items received, distributed and returned to the warehouse.
• Compile inventory balances and communicate to program
• Routinely conduct spot checks on the distribution.
• Maintain records of all activities and processes pertaining to the stock movements in storehouse.
• Prepare weekly stock in and out stock movement reports for core relief items
• Periodically carry out self-auditing to ensure that correct records are kept, systems and procedures are followed, reporting times are met, etc. by use of designed checklists, stipulated expiry / perishable dates.
• Maintain and update good information/record system for easy reference (copies of all relevant documentation including delivery notes, requisition notes, purchase orders, and shipment, reports, etc.)
• Prepare NFI’s distribution and reconciliation reports at the end of every distribution cycle clearly indicating quantities dispatched, issued to beneficiaries, returns and losses.
• Prepare and submit monthly stock movement reports.
• Perform any other duties assigned to you.
Minimum Qualifications for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2021
• A minimum of a University degree in Logistics/Procurement /Business Administration or related field.
• 3 years of experience in supply chain management with good understanding of donor and INGO procedures,
• strong organizational skills;
• Computer literate with hands on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
• A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
Alight (formerly American Refugee Committee) is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.: Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: 25th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.