Job Title: 3 Welders – AIRD Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD) Profile
Established in 2006, our mission is to enable the compassionate movement of those displaced by natural or man-made disasters to safety, and providing them and their host communities with opportunities to build their lives and thrive for the long term. Empowerment comes not only from providing critical relief items, but also through sustainable opportunities that lead to more resilient communities. This encourages the growth of enterprising spirits, and a sense that a bright future is still possible. AIRD cares because collective community growth is only possible if everyone is given an equal opportunity to participate.
Welders report to the senior mechanic and will support both vehicle and generator maintenance and repair.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Fabrication of Mild steel and Stainless steel components as required ensuring that the highest standards in finish and tolerances are achieved.
- Weld components and framework using a variety of welding processes.
- Position, align and fit parts according to specifications.
- Grind, sand, polish and detail fabrications to required finish using hand and power tools to a high standard.
- Measure and examine completed work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Operation of manual machine tools, as part of the fabrication process when required.
- Machines to be kept in a tidy and well maintained manner, which would require maintenance, be undertaken from time to time.
- Share industry knowledge/train apprentices.
- Ensure that the supply of consumables, i.e. gas, welding wire etc. does not run which could affect the job.
- Maintains tools, gauges and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Liaise with design team and give input into new designs.
- Report drawing errors.
- Compliance with Health and Safety procedures to meet both legislative and Work Safety standards.
- Relevant trade qualifications- Welder/fabricator
- Minimum two years’ experience
- Certification in welding
- High level of honesty.
- Strong interpersonal
- Willingness to work in any part of the country.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
How To Apply for AIRD Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 25th August 2021 at 5:30 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.