Job Title: – AHF Uganda Jobs 2021 Diploma Clinical Officer
Organization: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Kalangala
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Profile:
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO based in Los Angeles, California, USA. AHF is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares. AHF-Uganda Cares is a collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation with a mission to provide cutting edge and free HIV and AIDS services, including antiretroviral therapy in resource-constrained settings.
AHF – Uganda Cares to date operates in 23 districts including Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Nakasongola, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Kapelebyong, Gulu, Busia and supports 52 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below.
The position is based at Mugoye HC IV in Kalangala district. The position leads the provision of quality clinical care ensuring right diagnosis and prescription is provided to clients in a timely manner and makes appropriate referrals for better management of cases. Participates in capacity building of junior staff through coaching, mentorship and conducting regular CMEs.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Medical Officer in Charge.
• Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
• Reviews laboratory test results and other reports.
• Records physical findings and formulates plan and prognosis based on patient’s condition; discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
• Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, occupational therapy or related therapeutic procedures; refills medication.
• Supervises nurses, HIV Medics and ART Aides and any other staff as delegated by Medical Officer in Charge.
• Implement MoH and AHF guidelines in providing HIV prevention, care and treatment services
• Minimum of a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution.
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Professional Council – A minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing HIV positive patients.
• In-depth knowledge of antiretroviral Therapy as well as the current HIV and
• AIDS prevention, care and treatment guidelines
How To Apply for AHF Uganda Jobs 2021
To be considered for this recruitment, please; Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to:
[email protected] mentioning clearly Position and Location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB – any larger email will not be considered.
Address your hard copy application including telephone contact details to the:
Human Resources Manager,
AIDS Healthcare Foundation Plot 54B Kira Road, Kampala
Closing Date: 24th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.