Job Title: – AHF Uganda Jobs 2021 2 Youth Coordinators
Organization: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Masaka and Kampala
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Profile
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO based in Los Angeles, California, USA. AHF is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares. AHF-Uganda Cares is a collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation with a mission to provide cutting edge and free HIV and AIDS services, including antiretroviral therapy in resource-constrained settings.
AHF – Uganda Cares to date operates in 23 districts including Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Nakasongola, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Kapelebyong, Gulu, Busia and supports 52 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below.
The positions are based at Masaka Regional Referral Hospital in Masaka City and at St. Balikuddembe Market Clinic in Kampala Capital City. This is a full-time position, and the holder will oversee HIV programs for adolescents and youths broadly providing leadership, planning, monitoring, assessment of youth interventions. demand creation for HIV and sexual reproductive health services, social networking, liaison between prevention and medical service points, peer support and advocacy and reporting. He/She will also work closely with Policy, Advocacy and Marketing teams to identify key advocacy issues and development of suitable communication materials and strategies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide requisite leadership that will ensure the successful implementation of interventions for adolescents and youths.
• Convene regular team meetings to discuss the progress of implementation.
• Identify adolescents and youth’s role models and ensure their active participation in all aspects of the program.
• Ensure views of adolescents and youths are incorporated at all stages of the program including their active participation in the implementation of activities.
• Conduct routine assessments and community dialogue to understand factors that predispose these categories to the risk of HIV infection.
• Identify and document needs of adolescents and youths that may not be within the scope of AHF mandate that may be predisposing them to risk of HIV infection.
• Participate in reviewing existing policies affecting adolescents and youths and working with the advocacy manager to advocate for policy change.
• Finance will do this.
• Identify material and technical needs of the support groups and mobilize for the access including linking them to points of help.
• Support empowerment of peer adolescent and youths support group members and development of the groups into self-help associations or groups
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution in any of the following disciplines: Public Health, Guidance & Counselling, Social Work & Social Administration, Social Sciences or a related relevant field
• Training in HIV prevention, rights-based approach to programming and psychosocial support for young people is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 2 years ‘relevant experience in a similar position with a reputable organization
How To Apply for AHF Uganda Jobs 2021
To be considered for this recruitment, please; Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to: [email protected] mentioning clearly the Position and Location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB any larger email will not be considered. Address your hard copy application including telephone contact details to the:
Human Resources Manager,
AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Plot 54B Kira Road,
Deadline: 9th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.