Job Title: – AHF Uganda Jobs 2021 2 Fresher Laboratory Technicians
Organization: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Ntungamo and Lwengo
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Profile:
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO based in Los Angeles, California, USA. AHF is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares. AHF-Uganda Cares is a collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation with a mission to provide cutting edge and free HIV and AIDS services, including antiretroviral therapy in resource-constrained settings.
AHF – Uganda Cares to date operates in 23 districts including Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Nakasongola, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Kapelebyong, Gulu, Busia and supports 52 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below.
The positions are based at Kinoni HC III in Lwengo district and at Kitwe HC IV in Ntungamo district. The position provides laboratory oversight and adherence to standard laboratory protocols in the health care center. Ensures accurate and timely monthly reporting of laboratory services. Maintain patient confidentiality. Maintain safe working environment in the labs. Involve in training, support supervision, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff in the region. Directly supervises Laboratory Assistants and also provide technical support to other health workers certified to do HIV testing. Ensure that high quality of laboratory services is maintained at the healthcare center.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Participate in specimen collection when required according to test requested, either directly by venepuncture or skin puncture; maintain responsibility for patient identification, specimen labelling and collection verification, or instructing patients or other healthcare providers in collection and preservation techniques for urine, sputum, stool, scrapings, autologous/directed donations, or other specimens for analysis.
• Perform and foster proper sample accessioning by matching computer orders or request forms with specimen labelling; sorting specimens; checking labelling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
• Prepare samples for testing using various types of laboratory equipment
• Performs routine laboratory tests including HIV testing, CD4 testing, TB, Urinalysis, stool analysis, Blood smear examination among others. The pre- and post-analytic phases are key to performance of the employment.
• Interprets all possible screening and diagnostic test results to the clinical team – Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting the Clinical team, Regional medical Director and the Laboratory Services Coordinator.
• Maintain sufficient inventory of material supplies and equipment for performance of duties; clean and maintain standard laboratory equipment.
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Professional Council
• A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position
How To Apply for AHF Uganda Jobs 2021
To be considered for this recruitment, please; Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to:
[email protected] mentioning clearly Position and Location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB – any larger email will not be considered.
Address your hard copy application including telephone contact details to the:
Human Resources Manager,
AIDS Healthcare Foundation Plot 54B Kira Road, Kampala
Closing Date: 24th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.