Job Title: Fresher Finance and Administrative Assistant – Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Foundations for Learning (F4L) is funded by Global Affairs Canada with the core objective of equipping a new generation of learners, teachers, school leaders, families, communities, civil society organizations, and government leaders with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values needed to promote more gender responsive and pluralist quality education systems for all in Uganda.
Working with 200 Schools communities in the districts of Arua and Yumbe West Nile, F4L will: Transform unequal gender norms and power dynamics in and through education, Increase access to more gender responsive, pluralist quality educational opportunities for marginalized girls, enhance the professional knowledge and skills of teachers and school leaders to provide more gender responsive, pluralist learning environments and experiences for marginalized girls and boys, foster more gender responsive, and pluralist education systems by designing new inclusive models for education improvement with government schools during the foundational years of learning, engage more families, households, and communities to transform beliefs, attitudes, and practices to actively support gender equity and equality in and through education, Influence future education policies and practices through evidence generation and communications that promote more gender responsive, pluralist education at scale, empower more girls by reducing gender and social barriers to educational access, transition, and performance rates and Connect schools with health and nutrition resources to equip learners, particularly girls, with the knowledge and skills needed to live safer, healthier lives.
The role includes tasks like maintaining records for all transactions, preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports and processing reimbursements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive and verify documents for requisition of services to ensure adherence to procurement policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a procurement schedule/tracking tool aligned to the various work plans.
- Source for quotations from pre-qualified suppliers and negotiate for best prices and value.
- Prepare comparative bid analysis with recommendations & justification and facilitate approval.
- Raise LPOs for approval and issue the same to vendors /suppliers.
- Receive and verify the goods supplied to Unit.
- Compile documentation to support payment of goods and services rendered to AKF.
- Generate various procurement reports as guided.
- Support in the vendor/supplier pre-qualification exercise & coordinate service tender/RFQ processes
- Liaise with the Area Finance Officer to ensure timely processing of payments, VAT claims and DA1 forms (in case of tax exemption/refund claims).
- Management of office cash imprest, review cash payment request and prepare cash payment vouchers.
- Manage fixed assets inventory and registers.
- Support the program team in management of activity advances including participant’s verification and carrying out facilitation payments at activity sites.
- Pre –review /check activity advance requests, accountabilities and reports, staff claims and accountabilities for activity advances.
- Check time sheets to ensure staff have correctly recorded their time and allocated it appropriate grants and projects.
- Review vehicle movement log sheet and allocate costs to appropriate cost centres/projects.
- Support the Area Finance Offer to ensure orderly filing and maintenance of accounting vouchers and transactions support documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Finance Option)
- At least two (2) years financial administration experience.
- Ability to use own initiative and actively look for opportunities to have an impact rather than simply be reactive.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PPT and other relevant software and tools
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team; and
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Local national candidates strongly preferred
- Willingness to be based in the field, travelling to remote locations is a must.
How To Apply for Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 4th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.