Job Title: – Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021 2 Project Officers
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Arua and Kampala
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Profile
For nearly 50 years, AKF has been partnering with communities, governments, and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions, and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the AKF implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
The ITH programme will be implemented by the Aga Khan Foundation in partnership with In their Hands Company (ITH CO), and Triggerise Limited who will together provide comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services (SRHR) to adolescent girls (15-19) in Kampala and Arua, through immersive engagement with girls and their communities as well as through a user-centric digital platform (ITH platform for a period of 12 months. AKF seeks highly motivated Project officers with hands-on SRHR experience who will be based in Arua and Kampala and will be engaged for a period of 11 months starting May 2021 and ending March 2022 . The Project Officer will contribute to the technical direction of the project through supporting the project implementation planning processes including project start up activities, building and formalizing partner engagement, supervision of all field staff, training, and mentorship as well as well as project risk management. The Project officer will ensure significant day to day support to project staff, to ensure that agreed targets and deliverables are met including proper reporting, financial management and compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute work plans and activities derived from the project’s goals, agreed targets and deliverables.
- Directly supervise a team of 6 community engagement facilitators.
- Training of community engagement facilitators, group leaders and community groups.
- Maintain effective and regular communication with all implementing partners, including national and local government stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to provide day to day supervision of project activities and project partners to ensure efficient and effective project implementation.
- Provide input in the development, implementation and regular review and revision of the project’s risk management plan.
- Provide regular project progress and results, success stories and lessons learnt, and flag risks or areas of concern through timely weekly and monthly reports to the Project Manager.
- Works with MERL Teams to design and deliver baseline and end-line surveys to document stakeholder attitude and practice changes
- Collaborate with partners, community leaders and members, to deliver the program on the ground.
- Perform other relevant duties as and when assigned, by the Project Manager, and Senior Management Team.
- Develops well-conceived and evidenced-based learning and documentation resource briefs on AKF key approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Gender Studies, Development Studies, Communications project Management or any other related degree.
- At least 2 to 4years’ relevant experience in SRHR, youth, gender equality and social inclusion programming community engagement, social and other development project activities.
- Experience working with Civil Society and Community Based Organisations will be an added advantage.
- Strong community mobilization skills are required.
- Training and facilitation skills are desired.
- Team player with the ability to work within a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of the local language is desirable.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
How To Apply for Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees indicating “Preferred Location” . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
Click on the following link to apply www.akdn.org/careers
Deadline: 19th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.