Administrative/ Finance Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THETA-Uganda is a not-for-profit Ugandan Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and company limited by guarantee. The Organization was founded as a research project in 1992 and registered as an NGO in 1995. THETA’s core mandate is to improve health and access to health care through promotion of collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems.
About Global Fund Project:
THETA Uganda has received this funding from the Global Fund through TASO for the West Nile Cluster to support activities that contribute to the strategic objectives under the Uganda Malaria Reduction Strategic Plan (UMRSP) 2021-2025. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an international partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden. The fund has been supporting Uganda since 2003 to fight the three diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria).
Job Summary: The Administrative/ Finance Assistant will mainly ensure smooth running of the day to day operations of the offices as well as offering accounts and finance related support to the Finance Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all office premises and equipment are cleaned appropriately at all times.
• In charge of the reception which includes receiving and screening all visitors, management of the office landlines, main printer and copiers.
• Providing support for general office operations and the implementation of organization’s programs (photocopy, binding, packaging, scanning)
• Assisting in the organizing and overseeing logistics for every staff meeting.
• In charge of organization’s stores and ensure regular update of stock card.
• In charge of monthly store stock taking and provide monthly stock take reports.
• Coordination and distribution of all communications forwarded to the organization’s e-mail and review communications of the organization’s website.
• Monthly check of postal box in post office.
• Update the Organization’s activity board on daily basis.
• Ensure utility bills such as Water and Electricity are pad in time.
• Ensure safe custody and management of operational keys and use of company vehicle keys.
• Ensure daily attendance of both staff and volunteers through managing arrivals and departures.
• Attend and take minutes for staff meetings.
• Offer support to finance office in publicity of the organization’s income generating services
• Offer ongoing secretarial and logistical support to the office of the Executive Director from time to time
• Engage in basic program/ project development support through coordination of consultants, partner meetings, planning.
• Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Secretarial, Human Resources, or Administrative Services. A Degree in similar fields is an added advantage.
• At least four years’ experience working with rural communities and local partners including local government.
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and networking skills.
• Good report writing, and presentation skills coupled with good knowledge of Ms Office programs including Word, Excel and power point.
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills. Knowledge of local dialects is required and driving and riding skills a must.
• Familiarity with the local social, development and political environment and set-up is key for this position
• Able to work and deliver under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to Conceptualize and clearly present ideas in a conveying way
• Ability to multi-task and follow through all tasks to completion.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs together and they MUST not be more than 5 pages. They should apply online at the link below.
• All applicants must provide 3 professional referees who should be stated with clear phone and email contact details
• All applicants must be ready for immediate deployment for all positions.