Jobs at:Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Deadline of this Job:
09 April 2021
Within Uganda , Iganga , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities where we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA seeks to fill the positions below in anticipation of a sub Grant award to implement the HIV/TB activities supported by the Global Fund through THE AIDS Support Organization (TASO) Uganda, the Second Principal recipient of the Global Fund , UDHA will be a Sub Recipient(SR) of TASO Uganda for third cycle of the New Funding Model (NFM3) for the period 2021 to 2023. The Grants aims to support the implementation of Uganda's Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
Job Title : Administrative Assistant (Full Time).
No.of Vacancy : 1
Terms : Contract basis based on performance
Reports to : Finance and Administration Manager.
Location : UDHA headquarters in Iganga. .
Job Purpose : Undertake administrative functions on behalf of management to manage and control institutional resources and stakeholder interests.
Key Responsibilities. /Administrative functions
• To handle the day-to-day communications for the executive director or managerial employees in the organization
• Maintain and upkeep office equipment and furniture
• Follow through on maintenance agreements and contracts
• Ensure timely payment of utility bills
• Prepare order and maintain office supplies
• Organize meetings between staff and other partners
• Maintain calendars, schedules and coordinate travel arrangements
• Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings and keep management informed of activities in the field
• Prepare and distribute correspondence
• Prepare, issue and reconcile fuel voucher
• To operate as the organization’s gatekeeper because almost everything crosses her desk first
• To answer calls, take messages and schedule staff and management meetings
• To open and sort mail and deliver it to the appropriate personnel
• To respond to email inquiries or route them to the appropriate department
• To create draft communications for the executive officers overview
• To maintain electronic and paper filing systems for administration of the organization
• To keep the office organized and running efficiently
• To Manage Office equipment such as printers, cameras, Computers, projectors and copiers that fall under her purview.
• To handle office equipment failures and calls repair technicians.
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management
Job Skills : Not Specified
Diploma in office administration from a recognized/ reputable institution.
Bachelor degree in Office Management, from a recognized and reputable institution is an added advantage.
Key Competences /Additional Skills:
Fluent spoken and written English
Good communication skills and positive attitude to team work
Good computer skills in MS office and Basic internet applications.
Supply Management and Inventory Control
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to represent and report writing skills.
Advanced computer skills in Ms Word, Excel, Power Point presentation, Creating forms, org charts, mail merges, labels, name tags, charts and graphs, pivot tables, presentations with animation and sound.
Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
For details of the job requirements please go to: https://udhauganda.org/udha-external-job-advert/
Please provide a detailed CV that demonstrates the job requirements specified, academic qualifications, employment experience including current position, and contact details of at least two referees preferably from previous or current employments.
All candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents of not more than 2GB addressed as below to: [email protected] with copy to [email protected]
The Executive Officer Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) P. O. Box 77, Iganga Municipality
Closing date: 09-April-2021 by 5:00pm
Note: UDHA is an equal opportunity employer therefore Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In case you have the relevant qualifications and experience required, please submit your application to the address below.
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification. UDHA takes no responsibility of any costs by applicants that apply for any of the positions advertised here.