Jobs at:Makerere University School of Public Health
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Makerere University School of Public Health received supplemental funding through a non-competitive grant from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support the Ministry of Health public health emergency response to COVID-19 with the aim of limiting the human-to-human transmission and minimize the impact of COVID-19 in Uganda.
The MakSPH project team is looking for a self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant Public Health Fellowship Program (PHFP/ Frontline). The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and innovative team player. The candidate will provide administrative support for Frontline and Intermediate FETP as needed. .
• Identifying and booking preferred hotels/sites for workshops
• Coordinating payment for the hotels
• With the Frontline and Intermediate resident advisors, coordinating transport and reimbursements for trainees under a voucher system, in line with financial guidelines and funder requirements
• Ensuring that all activities are conducted in a manner aligned with funder rules and regulations
• Supporting the Resident Advisors in reporting timely on activities as required by the funder or IP
• With the Resident Advisors, participate in development and control of budgets in accordance with financial guidelines
• Support monitoring and evaluation efforts by the programs
• Carry out any other form of support in line with the above, including ensuring training rooms are set up, ensuring training materials are availed in time, coordinating mentorship facilitation, etc.
Required Academic Qualifications:
The successful applicant should have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Health, business administration, social sciences or any other related disciplines.
At least 1-3 years of relevant experience in either operations, administration, operations, logistics and finance of a busy working environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should write a cover letter expressing their fitness for the position, attach their CV and send to the link below before 15 April, 2021. Please quote “Administrative Assistant (Front line)” in the subject of your Cover letter.
Application link: https://forms.gle/FBSn5u6HGCiUoUhN9