Job Title: – Action Against Hunger Uganda Jobs 2021 2 Store Officers
Organization: Action Against Hunger Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Funding Source : World Food Programme (WFP)
Action Against Hunger UgandaProfile
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 6,500 staff in over 45 countries, our programs reached 14.9 million people in 2015.
The Stores personnel will be Monitoring Community Based Supplementary Feeding Program (CBSFP), and Maternal and Child Health Nutrition Programme (MCHN) food utilization at health facilities and the community level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate the supply of CBSFP and MCHN food at all distribution points
- Monitor CBSFP and MCHN food stores and ensure that the food commodities are stacked in an organized manner. In addition, ensure good storage conditions for all food items including NFIs such as pallets are present in the food stores
- In liaison with nutrition officers, submit timely food requests to the DPM for verification and ensure that food is received and delivered at the different distribution sites
- Update stock cards regularly and ensure that the food tracking registers, as well as waybills, are well documented/filled and archived according to Action Against Hunger standards
- Assist to investigate losses where necessary and document findings and submit reports on the losses to the DPM or health facility in-charges where necessary.
- Ensure that beneficiary listings are as accurate as possible and ensure that beneficiaries are aware of their rations
- Based on the distribution plan, report any delays that would cause inconvenience to the management and distribution process and beneficiaries
- Identify and propose training needs of storekeepers, food distribution assistants and other staffs involved in food utilization.
Assessment and reporting
- Prepare weekly summary reports of daily food transaction/consumption indicating the number of beneficiaries (children, pregnant & lactating mothers and other clients) registered and provided with therapeutic supplies
- Prepare and submit monthly corporate partner distribution/food utilization (CPDR) reports
- Report differences observed between waybills, physically count figures of commodities received. In addition, document the type, quantity, condition of commodities received from the warehouse
- Actively engage in post-distribution monitoring (PDM) assessments
- Contribute to reporting on project progress, success stories and lessons learned during project implementation.
Staff Management & Supervision
- Supervise storekeepers and food distribution assistants involved in MCHN & CBSFP food distribution at health facility and community level
Coordination & Representation
- Participate in internal and external meetings according to the DPM/ PM guidance
- Actively participate in events organized in the refugee and host community setting
- Coordinate with other sections of Action Against Hunger and all other stakeholders in the response
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Oversee the collection, handling, analysis and reporting of data related to food distribution, utilization, client follow up and NFIs.
- Contribute to the preparation of weekly and monthly reports in standard reporting format
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor degree in food science/food processing technology, Store and records management, Nutrition or related field
- Three years of work experience in IMAM, public health, nutrition, stores management
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet and software use like ENA, SPSS plus other programs advantageous
- Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equality within the work
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Excellent reporting skills with good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage
- Diplomatic and culturally sensitive
How To Apply for Action Against Hunger Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 26th March 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.