Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THETA-Uganda is a not-for-profit Ugandan Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and company limited by guarantee. The Organization was founded as a research project in 1992 and registered as an NGO in 1995. THETA’s core mandate is to improve health and access to health care through promotion of collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems.
About Global Fund Project:
THETA Uganda has received this funding from the Global Fund through TASO for the West Nile Cluster to support activities that contribute to the strategic objectives under the Uganda Malaria Reduction Strategic Plan (UMRSP) 2021-2025. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an international partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden. The fund has been supporting Uganda since 2003 to fight the three diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria).
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant is a position assists the Finance and Administration Manager in managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, is responsible for cash processing and record keeping of the day to day transactions in accordance with the agency policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in ensuring that financial transactions are made in a timely way and in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
• Participate in the preparation of financial reports as required
• Conduct mandatory monthly bank and account reconciliation
• Participate in the preparation, management and control of the budget
• Train staff, managers, service providers and partners on financial matters
• Attend to statutory requirements and ensure timely processing and payments in the bank
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance to the agency’s policies and procedure
• Posting all vouchers into transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by management. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
• Ensure completeness of supporting documents in all respect which includes authenticity of signatures, cross-checking attendance sheets and verifying payments made
• Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis. Ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs. Carry out cash count as per the agency’s policy and schedule. Document the cash count sheets for records.
• Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents.
• Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed and tagged.
• ‘Paid’ stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing.
• Visit Bank for necessary collection & submission of financial documents
• Photocopies & scanning of all necessary documents/Instrument.
• Perform any other task assign by the line manager.
• Fill in, check and organize accounting documents (bills, cash slips, invoices, financial supporting documents, receipts)
• Assist in preparing project audits and annual audits
• Fulfill all the demands pertaining to accounting and finance process
• Update and manage staff payroll
• Perform other duties instructed by supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant should hold relevant qualifications, skills and experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs together and they MUST not be more than 5 pages. They should apply online at the link below.