About us : The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private, non-denominational development agencies that share a mission to improve the living conditions and opportunities for marginalized communities across some target countries in Africa and Asia. AKF was established by His Highness the Aga Khan in Switzerland in 1967 and AKF work in East Africa started in 1974. In Uganda, AKF operates a multi-sectoral portfolio that includes programming in Education, Economic Inclusion, Civil Society, Health and Early Childhood Development predominantly in the Central and West Nile Regions.
The ITH programme will be implemented by the Aga Khan Foundation in partnership with In their Hands Company (ITH CO), and Triggerise Limited who will together provide comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services to adolescent girls (15-19) in Kampala and Arua, through immersive engagement with girls and their communities as well as through a user-centric digital platform (ITH platform for a period of 12 months. AKF seeks a highly experienced and professional accounts assistant who will be based in Kampala and will work with a team for a period of 11 months starting May 2021 and ending March 2022 . The accounts officer will support the project team planning for and tracking expenditure, timely accountability and compliance with external and internal budgeting and procurement manuals and requirements, supporting a requisite burn rate and flag any related risks. The accounts officer will perform the following roles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with organizational financial policies and procedures as well as statutory financial requirements.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial project reports.
- Monitor and manage activity advance requests including timely review and liquidation of such advances.
- Develop and maintain a procurement and expenditure schedule and tracking tool aligned with the various work plans of the ITH Project.
- Track and monitor payment schedules and ensure timely payment.
- Participate in project activities and document any expenditure.
- Review any payments and advise on required adjustments.
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports and verify them with all relevant ITH Project staff.
- Flag any risks, fraud, and incomplete financial accountability from all ITH Project staff.
- Support the program team in management of activity advances including participant’s verification and carrying out facilitation payments at activity sites.
- Pre –review /check activity advance requests, accountabilities and reports, staff claims and accountabilities for activity advances.
- Check time sheets for project staff to ensure staff have correctly recorded their time and allocated it appropriately.
- Liaise with country finance manager, senior accountant, to ensure timely processing of payments.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance,
- At least three (3) years accounting experience.
- Ability to use own initiative and actively look for opportunities to address any bottlenecks concerning project expenditure.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PPT and other relevant software and tools (Business Dynamics)
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team; and
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Willingness to be based in the field, travelling to remote locations is a must.
How to apply
Candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 4:30pm on 19 th April, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .