Job Title: Project Coordinator – ACCESS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: African Community Center for Social Sustainability (ACCESS)
Job Location: Nakaseke District, Uganda
Position Type: Contract
Reports to: Managing Director ACCESS
Job Reference: ACCESS/PRO/2021
African Community Center for Social Sustainability (ACCESS) Profile:
ACCESS Uganda is a community-based organization in Nakaseke district, Uganda founded on the belief that everyone has a right to a healthy life. We also believe that empowering community members through health and education creates lasting change that is owned by the entire community. We are engaging local leaders and cultivating new leaders through our programs focused on: Support for vulnerable primary school children and their families through income-generating projects, and subsidized school fees, Educational opportunities in healthcare for young adults at ACCESS School of Nursing and Midwifery, Agricultural training in our demonstration garden, Access to clinical and community-based healthcare through our clinic and outreach programs using community health workers, Community based research to generate new scientific approaches to health-related challenges.
We pride ourselves on our culture of passion and dedication to our work. We accomplish our mission and vision through dedicated involvement from community volunteers and community health workers, the hard work of our staff, local and international partnerships.
The Project coordinator will take lead in the management of the IMPEDE CVD Project in Nakaseke Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Management of the IMPEDE CVD project in Nakaseke, Uganda
- Financial and administrative oversight of the project activities in Uganda
- Management of the Uganda study team (Community Health Workers, data collectors, etc.) on a day-to-day basis including activity planning, reporting and feedback
- Preparation and coordination of data collection activities and research site visits, including establishing contact and scheduling appointments with study respondents
- Regular reporting to international research team members and donors.
- Co-development of intervention rollout approaches
- Assistance in data analysis and write-up
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Computing, Management/Administration, or a relevant Social Science
- Previous experiences managing community-based projects (Experiences managing or working in academic research projects desirable)
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Luganda
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build trusted relationships with stakeholders and study respondents from various backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and effectively while leading the project team on-site.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in data analysis programs or technical skills associated with system administration/mHealth intervention development are an asset.
- Openness to working in Nakaseke district on weekdays
How To Apply for ACCESS Uganda Jobs 2021
All qualified candidates should email their applications, CV, academic papers, and two recommendation letters, to ACCESS Human Resource Manager on [email protected] copying in [email protected] or hand deliver to our offices in Nakaseke.
For any inquiries please contact us by calling, Tel: +256-041-4667596, +256-782-348560
Deadline: Wednesday, 4th December 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .