8 Registered Nurses
Jobs at:CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
04 June 2021
Within Uganda , Mbale , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB ROLE: To provide bedside nursing care to patients admitted in the ward, ICU and OR.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Carries out Nursing Assessment and Care
• Initiates treatment and responds accordingly)
• Promotes wholeness and well-being including safety and comfort of patients
• Sets priorities in nursing care based on patients’ need
• Ensures continuity of care
• Utilizes the nursing process as framework for nursing
• Formulates a plan of care in collaboration with patients and other members of the health team
• Implements planned nursing care to achieve identified outcomes
• Evaluates progress toward expected outcomes
• Responds to the urgency of the patient’s condition and reports any abnormalities to in-charge and physicians.
Provide Health Education and Orientation to patients and/or caretakers
• Participates in weekly health education talks to caregivers and patients.
• Orients new patients on the operations of the wards
• Provides information to patients according to their discharge plan
• Responds to information needs of patients and caregivers
• Provide pre and post surgical care to patients
• Prepare patients for Surgery.
Process Doctors orders
• Attend ward rounds with Doctors
• Read and implement doctors instructions
• Follow-up on tests
• Give feedback to Doctors
• Cares for wounds using sterile technique
• Organize procedure room
• Disinfect and appropriately store all equipment used
• Dispose of all medical waste in the proper bins
• Ensure appropriate use of PPE during procedures
• Transcribe orders in the patient chart according to set guidelines
• Maintains accurate and updated documentation of patient care
• Conduct and record 24hour chart check of patients under your care
• Records outcome of patient care
• Maintains an effective recording and reporting system
Conduct an appropriate Handover process
• Receives a report from the previous shift and confirms the entries made
• Assumes full responsibility during the shift and provides all appropriate information in patient care management to the next shift
• Makes inventory of all available supplies and equipment before receiving or handing over
• Writes handover and receiving reports clearly documenting what transpired during the shift. Especially regarding vitals, medicines given and status of the patient.
Carries out Shift leader roles
• Ensures that all OPD patients that have been admitted have got files.
• Ensures that all OPD patients sent to the pharmacy have been served timely by the dispending Nurse.
• Acts as a point of contact on the ward in the absence of the charge nurse.
• Ensures that all admitted patient on the ward have nurse attending to them.
• Ensures that the ward is tidy and clean before the ward round and at all times.
• Ensure that clean hospital linen is available for caretaker.
• Ensure that all admitted patients have been oriented by the ward clerk and attending nurses.
• Ensure that all patients’ investigations have been done and results filed in the patients file by the attending nurse.
Operating Room Function
• Prepare OR rooms for Surgeries
• Ensure proper circulation in the room
• Participated in scrubbing
• Clear operating room after surgery.
Occupational Health & Safety
• All staff are expected to work in such a way that does not cause injury to themselves, other staff members or customers.
Spiritual Ministry participation
• Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs.
Other duty function
• Performs any other related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Completed Diploma in Nursing or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
• a minimum working experience of 2 years in a busy hospital or clinic, skills in high-quality nursing care in children, and skills in critical care nursing is an added advantage,
• Possess a current certificate from the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
• Good knowledge of general scientific principles, practices, specialized techniques used in the practice of nursing
• High degree of integrity and professional values.
• Excellent communication and report writing skills
• Maintains open communication with members of various levels of management.
• Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
• High level planning and organizational skills including efficient and effective time management and the ability to prioritize tasks.
Essential Experience and knowledge
• At least one-year experience in Nursing or demonstrated ability and desire to learn and embrace new ideas.
Essential personal attributes and aptitudes
• Positive attitude
• Adherence to Christian ethos
• Innovative and independent thinker
• Exhibit high qualities of honesty and integrity when handling hospital resources.
• Considers education a valuable part of the job for her/him and staff members
• Ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives without supervision
• Experience and/or knowledge of the operations of NGOs.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants must submit their documents as a single combined pdf file to include: cover letter, CV/Resume, Salary history, references, and for Nurses include a copy of registration, a current practicing license; diploma in Nursing or registered comprehensive nursing (with Distinction or Credit) from a recognized institution, and minimum working experience of 2 years to CURE’s Human Resources Manager by: Email: [email protected]
Postal Address: P.O. Box 903, Mbale
or hand deliver to CURE Children’s Hospital, Plot 97-103 Bugwere Road, Mbale.
Further information may be obtained by calling 045-4435273.
The deadline for receipt of all applications is June 4, 2021 5:00pm.
These positions are full-time and based in Mbale.
Please take note that CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviews, reference verification, appointment, training or any other fees).
CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondences or any loss of money which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment scams.
Those who have already submitted applications for the above positions to CURE you do not need to resubmit.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. All forms of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.