5 Sample Transporters
Jobs at:Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Title: Sample Transporter (05)
Department: Field Operations
Location: Uganda – Isingiro, Buhweju, Mitooma, Kiruhura & Rubanda
Reports To: Hub Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
Closing Date: 5/25/2022
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Sample Transporter will be responsible for the transportation of Samples from health facilities to testing Hubs in supported districts.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
• Follow daily and weekly schedule of visits to the hospital, Health Centers, and post office.
• Collect samples from the facilities and deliver them to the Hub Laboratory and in a timely manner.
• Check the hub laboratory on daily basis to Pick results and/or deliver them to respective facilities.
• Transportation and management of samples in line with the National and international Biosafety regulations.
• Management of motorbike and other equipment including safety gear and sample transportation bag.
• Maintain comprehensive records of samples collected, results picked and delivered, bike maintenance/repairs and daily movements made.
• Work with the hub coordinator and DLFPs to ensure timely distribution of EQA samples.
• Support in the distribution of commodities including but not limited to drugs, testing kits, stationery
• Prepare and submit weekly reports to the hub coordinator.
• Electronic sample tracking
• Any other job related roles reasonably assigned by the supervisor
To be successful, you will have:
• Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent from a recognized school/institution.
• Should have a valid riding permit with class A
• Riding experience of at least 3 years
Bonus points if you have:
• Defensive riding
• Certificate level training in laboratory techniques.
• Good record keeping
• Knowledge of basic motorcycle mechanics
• Basic Computer knowledge
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Please submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae only as one file in PDF format through the careers link below addressed to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 15, Kitante Close
P.O. Box 21127
NO HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact [email protected] .