4 Regional Field Supervisors
Jobs at:ChildFund International
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision-making processes within their communities. Exciting Career Opportunities ChildFund Uganda is working in over 30 districts to develop the capacities of local community-based organizations to be able to mobilize resources and implement programs that improve the wellbeing of deprived, excluded, and vulnerable children.
Contingent upon funding, ChildFund, in partnership with Nutrition International, will be supporting the MoH in implementation of VAS in 130 districts. Consequently, ChildFund Uganda seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-driven and result-oriented candidates for the following positions.
REGIONAL FIELD SUPERVISORS (4)
The Regional Field Supervisor will be the point of contact between the central Ministry of Health teams and the district local governments.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
• Take lead in providing professional guidance to the project team for effective implementation of the project activities.
• Participate in technical and financial monitoring of the progress of project activities at district level to ensure that targets are timely met.
• Conduct regular support supervision visits at the field stations and provide comprehensive reports on project progress for management.
• Lead a team of project team members based at the district clusters.
• Ensure preparation of quality and timely project progress reports including success stories to the donor.
• Liaise and communicate effectively with project central management unit and other project stakeholders.
• Document all project activities and ensure comprehensive performance reports are written and submitted in accordance with set schedule.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Medical Sciences or Public Health is highly desirable.
• Minimum of 4 years project management experience managing medium to large grants projects international non-government organizations.
• Experience in working in consortium of partners.
• Demonstrated skills in program planning, and project management.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, supervision, building and maintaining a high performing team.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in stressful environments.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR
CHILD FUND INTERNATIONAL
PO BOX 3342
KAMPALA Email: [email protected]
Hand delivers to ChildFund Country Office located on
Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted and all employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal background check.
ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer. Application Deadline: 20th October, 2021