3 Senior Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officers
Jobs at:Lutheran World Federation (LWF)
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2021
Within Uganda , Adjumani , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency. LVVF Uganda works to reduce people's vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs.
LWF Uganda is currently operating in Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Adiumani, Moyo Luuka, Kamwenge, and Kampala
Districts: Please check https://www.lutheranworld. org for more details
The LWF Uganda Program is looking for mature, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
Job Title: 3 Senior Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officers
Place of Assignment: Adjumani Sub Program
Report to: Protection Coordinator
Job Purpose : Senior Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officer will work closely with the protection Coordinator. The Senior MHPSS Officer will be responsible for overseeing all MHPSS programming in LWF. S/he will focus on ensuring technical support for programming, staff capacity building, MHPSS mainstreaming and coordination at national and sub program level. S/he will be based in Adjumani with frequent travel to Lamwo and Obongi. S/He will ensure the project is implemented in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed LWF Uganda, and Donor Guidelines, and provide leadership and coordination for all aspects related to project activities in Adjumani Sub-Program. .
Education, Experience, Skills & Technical Competencies
• . A Bachelor’s Degree in Community Psychology, Counselling and Guidance Psychology, Social Work or
• Social Sciences, Development Studies or equivalents from a recognized institution.
• A Masters in the same fields is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years' experience in MHPSS response in the humanitarian context.
• Solid experience in networking, capacity building and inter-agency coordination for MHPSS.
• Proven knowledge and experience in developing and implementing community mobilization projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills
• Proven sound judgment and decision-making skills; and Computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates who are interested in the above positions should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email [email protected] Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line LWFDWS is an equal opportunity employer, inspective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Persons with disabilities and Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWFDWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization's commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted