2 Staff Nurses
Jobs at:AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Deadline of this Job:
24 May 2021
Within Uganda , Rakai and Kalungu , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO based in Los Angeles, California, USA. AHF is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation - Uganda Cares. AHF-Uganda Cares is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation with a mission to provide cutting edge and free HIV and AIDS services, including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings.
AHF - Uganda Cares to date operates in 23 districts including Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Nakasongola, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Kapelebyong, Gulu, Busia and supports 52 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below.
Staff Nurse 02
The positions are based at Rakai Hospital in Rakai district and Lukaya clinic in Kalungu district. This position provides quality care to patients in a health care setting. Assists the health care team and may act as a team leader within the scope of the practice guidelines.
The holders of these positions will perform among others the following duties;
• Provides skilled nursing procedures.
• Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
• Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered
• (provided is certified)
• Attends and participates in team conferences, meetings, CMEs as required.
• May act as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
• May supervise care given by other health workers e.g. HIV Medics, ART Aides, Maintenance workers, Interns, Phlebotomists etc.
• Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
• Provides patient and family education as directed by the clinical team.
• Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making ski
Qualifications and Experience:
• Certificate/Diploma in nursing obtained from a reputable training institution.
• Must be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
• Additional qualification in HIV and AIDS counselling will be an added advantage
• Must have at least 3 years of experience providing similar services in a reputable health facility or organization.
• Hands on experience in HIV prevention, care and management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To be considered for this recruitment, please;
Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to:
[email protected] mentioning clearly Position and Location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB - any larger email will not be considered.
Address your hard copy application including telephone contact details to the:
Human Resources Manager,
AIDS Healthcare Foundation Plot 54B Kira Road, Kampala.
Deadline: Monday 2 4 May 2021 at 5:00pm
AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer