126 Research Assistants
Jobs at:Makerere University
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Makerere University School of Public Health is a partner in a consortium of Institutions/Organisations that is implementing a 5 year program entitled 'Reducing High Fertility Rates and Improving Sexual Reproductive Health Outcomes in Uganda' (RISE). The consortium, which is led by Mariestopes International as the Prime Grant holder, is funded by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO of United Kingdom. As part of its monitoring and evaluation role in the consortium, Makerere University School of Public Health is conducting a midline evaluation in the program regions of East Central, Eastern, Karamoja, West Nile and Western. We are seeking suitable persons to fill the positions of Research Assistants, Supervisors, IT Manager and Data Manager for a period not more than one month. .
• Attend all training and pretesting activities Conducting mapping and listing of selected enumeration areas
• Perform household data collection activities including administering informed consent, conducting and completing interviews in accordance with the study protocol
• Ensure safe custody and institute quality checks of the data being collected
• Answer study related questions that the respondents may ask before or during the course of data collection
• Ensuring data collected from the field is correctly saved in the existing databases on the allotted server
• Provide the research supervisor with daily field updates on data collection and participate in the development of daily field report Perform any other duties relevant to this position as may be assigned from time to time
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Suitable applicants MUST possess a relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from a recognized higher institution of learning.
• Applicants should have demonstrated experience with collecting health related data using tablets/phones uploaded with ODK system
• Experience of conducting household interviews, mapping and listing selected enumeration areas.
• Having participated in RISE baseline study will be an added advantage.
• Should be fluent in reading, writing and speaking any of the fo Ngakarimojong, Luganda Lugbara, Luo, Runyankole-Rukiga, Runyoro-Rutoro, Lugisu and Lusoga
• Having worked in at least one research project as a research assistant in the last two years.
• A valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice and or Human Subject Research is an added advantage.
• One of the sites that tests and gives a valid certificate is: URL: https://gcp.nidatraining.org/
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Must be willing to work beyond official working hours
• Having participated in the data collection of the baseline evaluation of the RISE program is an added advantage
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested persons should submit their application to the link below indicating what they have in regard to minimum qualifications/requirements, and proficiency in any of the local languages prevalent in the study area. These are Ateso, Ngakarimojong, Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Runyankole-Rukiga, Runyoro-Rutoro, Lugisu and Lusoga. In addition, they should attach official copies of academic transcripts/certificates and updated curriculum vitae starting at least two referees. Please provide a reliable 24-hour phone contact and WhatsApp line if different. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Interested applicants should submit their applications via the links below not later than 5pm Wednesday 17th February, 2021, Ugandan time
Research Assistants' Link: https://forms.gle/YBGqAxsCftos8WcH9