10 Field Supervisors
Jobs at:Makerere University
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Makerere University School of Public Health is a partner in a consortium of Institutions/Organisations that is implementing a 5 year program entitled 'Reducing High Fertility Rates and Improving Sexual Reproductive Health Outcomes in Uganda' (RISE). The consortium, which is led by Mariestopes International as the Prime Grant holder, is funded by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO of United Kingdom. As part of its monitoring and evaluation role in the consortium, Makerere University School of Public Health is conducting a midline evaluation in the program regions of East Central, Eastern, Karamoja, West Nile and Western. We are seeking suitable persons to fill the positions of Research Assistants, Supervisors, IT Manager and Data Manager for a period not more than one month. .
Working together with Project Coordinator and Investigators to supervise and support field data collection activities.
Key Specific Responsibilities
• Work alongside the Project Coordinator and other members of the research team to meet the research project objectives Support training of research assistants
• Supervise mapping and listing of selected enumeration areas
• Ensure safe custody of both manual and digital data collected and institute quality checks of the data being collected
• Oversee data collected from the field and ensure it is correctly saved in the existing databases on the allocated server
• Hold daily debrief meetings with the field teams to assess how the day's activities proceeded and plan for the next day
• Ensure quality assurance of the data collected
• Prepare and submit daily field reports to the Project
• Coordinator Perform any other tasks as required by the technical team
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimum qualifications and requirements
• A graduate with a Bachelor's degree.
• Possession of a Master's degree will be an added advantage
• Having worked in at least 2 research projects as a supervisor with experience of mapping and listing.
• A valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice and or Human Subject Research is an added advantage: One of the sites that tests and gives a valid certificate is: URL: https://gcp.nidatraining.org/
• Should have at least 5 years' experience with quantitative health research
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented ing to work beyond official working hours
• Having supervised data collection at baseline evaluation of the RISE program is an added advantage
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested persons should submit their application to the link below indicating what they have in regard to minimum qualifications/requirements, and proficiency in any of the local languages prevalent in the study area. These are Ateso, Ngakarimojong, Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Runyankole-Rukiga, Runyoro-Rutoro, Lugisu and Lusoga. In addition, they should attach official copies of academic transcripts/certificates and updated curriculum vitae starting at least two referees. Please provide a reliable 24-hour phone contact and WhatsApp line if different. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Interested applicants should submit their applications via the links below not later than 5pm Wednesday 17th February, 2021, Ugandan time
Field Supervisors Link: https://forms.gle/qmcrlginGfZ56KGf6