Jobs at:Living Water International
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Water Engineer
Responsible for all tasks related to the design, construction, maintenance and sustainability of water and sanitation projects in the targeted communities in Uganda.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
• University Degree in Civil /Water Engineering (with experience in Hydraulics), Hydrogeology
• Training in drilling and Hydrology will be added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in construction of potable and sanitary water systems and other civil works.
• Experience in hydrogeological siting and surveying
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in management or leadership role
• Experience in preparing and controlling budgets.
• Experience in composing informative technical documents.
• Experience in working with multi-disciplinary equipment including drilling equipment.
• Experience in preparing diagnostic and feasibility reports of clean water, and sanitation projects.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel.
• Knowledge of GPS and location of projects using Google Maps.
• Clean drivers’ license with 4 years minimum driving experience (DL, CM class preferred).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV maximum 4 pages (please no certificates) 3 referees & a letter from your Church leader to: HR and Administration Manager: [email protected] not later than 4:00 p.m. Friday June 18, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of deadline. Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis.
All offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks. Please refer to www.water.cc for information on our work.