Job Title: CBI Associate – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Monthly net salary: UGX 5,433,500 and UGX 7,093,920 /=
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Roles and Responsibilities for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021 :
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the cash-based interventions.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Prepare and administer accurate lists of beneficiaries for the regular assistance through bank ATM/IRIS system in line with the procedures established by the office.
- Assist in developing and administering UNHCR Regular CBI database.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation and refund process for the cash assistance project.
- Assist in preparing detailed reports and breakdown of the cash assistance provided to the refugees.
- Cross-check databases to ensure that all beneficiaries are active cases.
- Keep cash lists updated and free of duplications and ensure delivery of cash assistance to beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships with partners to facilitate the flow of information between databases,
- Assist with the training of internal staff and partners on how to use the database,
- Execute best practice in data protection standards and help to positively influence others,
- Troubleshoot issues with the database and work with internal teams to provide technical fixes,
- Inform and act on the reports and messages that are received from various units on different vulnerable cases in respect to financial assistance.
- Support in the co-ordination with different partners and focal points on lists of beneficiaries reflecting situation of cash assistance.
- Undertake missions and field visits to bank service provider to monitor the cash project.
- Represent UNHCR at the cash-assistance related meetings.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Develop improvements to the database and related workflows.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) CBI Associate job must hold a For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher in Information Technology, Database Management, Computer Science
- Previous data management experience, preferable in CBI context.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software and database applications.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later).
- IT-Computer Literacy
- DM-Database Management
- EC-Statistical and modelling software
- IT-Microsoft Server Technology
- CB-Cash-based Programming/Managing/Planning
- Language Requirements: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities.
- Experience in cash-based interventions, particularly in a refugee response context.
- Working experience in C# and ASP.net. Working experience with statistical software such as R, Python, Stata etc.
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12 th December 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .