Job Title: Fresher Administrative Assistant – UN Women Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN Women Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
UN Women Profile:
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Uganda in its Strategic Note 2016-2021 and revised in 2019 in line UNDAF, NDP II and Uganda vision 2040 in supporting national priorities on Gender Equality and Womens’ empowerment among other normative frameworks, as well as the follow-up and implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides coherent support to Government, Parliament, Academia, indigenous and women´s organizations, justice system and UN entities, through providing upstream policy and programme advise, promoting a human rights-based approach to achieve sustainable development, improving national systems, sharing of good practices and lessons learned, strengthening normative and operational linkages, and promoting South-South cooperation.
Under the immediate supervision of the Administration Associate and overall guidance of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administration Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. S/he works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the Common Services administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
2. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Registry/Reception, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, when required taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of the office briefing and presentation materials, background information and documentation for meetings with new arrivals.
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent).
- Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions.
- Administrative and logistical support to conferences, workshops, retreats taking place in UN Women premises.
- Assistance in arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to management.
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance and utilities.
5. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Diploma in a related field
- Certificate in front desk management is added advantage.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, front desk management
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience in UN front desk management processes is added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How To Apply for UN Women Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 1st June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.