Job Title: – Monitoring Assistant (Data and IT) UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Policy Officer
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
The Monitoring Assistant (Data and IT) will provide data updates, reconciliation, and monitoring of key programme activities. The Staff member will also act as the field office IT focal point. WFP Gulu FO supports the implementation of General Food Assistance in three Refugee settlements.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, resolving routine issues, monitoring cash distributions, and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity distributed, and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Collect and summarize assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with key stakeholders where required, conduct analysis, and prepare reports to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Ensure timely receipt of the monthly distribution reports and data entry is done in all program data bases such as PROMIS and COMET and submit for validation. Work with both the program team and supply chain team to ensure, timely delivery of reports and accurate reports are submitted
- Take responsibility for program data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems. Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Identify discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, inaccurate information from partner and report to senior staff to support partners to deliver their work.
- Support processing and managing routine program tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to timely processing of documents like CDPRs, partner Invoices. Liaise with key stakeholders and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Provide routine data business support methods and practices to colleagues and partner staff to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas
- Support in collecting distribution site, Food Basket monitoring, Cash Basket Monitoring, Market data and any other assessments carried out in the refugee settlement and ensure all data is timely uploaded monthly.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems, databases, and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Oversee the IT operations for the field office
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Monitoring Assistant (Data and IT) job must hold a University degree in Information technology, development studies, Programme Planning and management, monitoring, and evaluation or a related academic field.
- At least three years of relevant working experience in Conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, IT
- General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
- Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
- Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
- Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
- Strategic Management: Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
- Performance Management: Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
- Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology: Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
- Programme Monitoring and Review: Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
- Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 13 th May 2022